Nail varnish stain removal

Park

can anyone please help? how do you remove red nail varnish from a dark green carpet? any suggestions welcome

Nail polish remover but don't rub it or it will spread it. Try some on cotton wool then keep pressing into it and replacing the cotton wool as it soaks it up.

From internet:

Carpet

"Use acetone! Clear acetone, specifically, since a lot of polish removers are dyed. The most important thing with carpet is not pushing the polish in deeper. So if it's still wet, gently place something absorbent on top—paper towel is great—to soak up as much as you can. Then it's time to dab. Don't pour acetone directly on the carpet; put it on a rag, then gently dab it onto the stain, over and over. This will feel like it takes a million, bajillion years. Maybe you should hire someone off Craigslist to do it. Or, consider it an exercise in mindfulness and appreciating boredom—so zen! Just keep dabbing 'til it's all gone."

Depends on carpet, some non-wool types might react so best test on a hidden patch if possible. Also paint stripper might work, again depending on carpet type.

Nail polish remover once worked for me but again it all depends on how big the stain is. I once spilt some black shoe dye onto the carpet and I knew I could never get that out so I cut it out.

With a Stanley knife I cut out a 3inch by 3inch square and having some spare pieces of the same carpet I cut out another 3x3 to fit into the original carpet making sure the weave ran the same way. I put wide tape around the small square to stick to the back of the original carpet.

This can be done without lifting the whole carpet but needs time , patience and a steady hand.

Fortunately it was a plain carpet and not a patterned one , I asked many visitors if they knew where it was but none could spot it. If all else fails , put a chair over it.