Are you mad enough to march?

Some of us in the public sector recognise our privileged position and appreciate it rather than constantly complaining.

so you put up with ANY wage decrease and change in circumstances...who do you turn to in a wage dispute? Representation in HR dispute?

Youre being disengenous.

so you put up with ANY wage decrease and change in circumstances...who do you turn to in a wage dispute? Representation in HR dispute?

Youre being disengenous.

I can take my complaint directly to my employer. If they want to keep me they'll act on it.

I am busy, but uif you dont like those figures, here are some more, more trust worthy.

In 2011 there were 88 stoppages in the public sector compared with 61 in the private sector after a fairly even split in the number of disputes in 2010.

Perhaps you can read all the information, and find some figures that you like?

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/dcp171766_276223.pdf

They are out of date....

So youre completely at the mercy of your employer...

Of course not. You talk like I'm in some way compelled to work for a particular employer. I'm not and they know it.

I want a change in my working conditions and they want me to keep working there. If I ask for too much, they'll refuse. If they deny something reasonable, I can quit.

El Cid tried to point out rightly its not public vs private. Thats missing the point....as both public and private sector workers can benefit.

---------- Post added 18-09-2015 at 13:43 ----------

Of course not. You talk like I'm in some way compelled to work for a particular employer. I'm not and they know it.

I want a change in my working conditions and they want me to keep working there. If I ask for too much, they'll refuse. If they deny something reasonable, I can quit.

So if theres a dispute your only option is to move jobs?

And I suppose moving jobs automatically brings higher pay.

El Cid tried to point out rightly its not public vs private. Thats missing the point....as both public and private sector workers can benefit.

How do the private sector workers benefit from having their day disrupted so that union people can demand that they pay more taxes to improve the union peoples' pay and conditions?

So if theres a dispute your only option is to move jobs?

And I suppose moving jobs automatically brings higher pay.

Moving jobs is the last resort. But it is the ultimate stick which motivates your employer to give due consideration to your request.

If there is no better job available, there's nothing to complain about. If you already have the job with the best pay and conditions which are available to you, why are you complaining?