Are you mad enough to march?

El Cid tried to point out rightly its not public vs private. Thats missing the point....as both public and private sector workers can benefit.

---------- Post added 18-09-2015 at 13:43 ----------

So if theres a dispute your only option is to move jobs?

And I suppose moving jobs automatically brings higher pay.

It does if you're worth it. I worked for the local authority for a while, and it was surprising how many who'd been there since leaving school were always complaining about how hard done by they were. When volunteers were needed for redundancies, a perfect opportunity to leave and get another job the great majority kept quiet. And before you ask, yes I did volunteer and leave.

What do you think we should do about kids in Bangladesh scrounging food?

make sure the massive foreign aid budget is being well used and contribute directly?if we feel like easing our conscience at least ease it with a real starving kid? not some made up story by minor celeb cause or some fluffy kids co that cant make 2+2 make 4????

They've doubled the national debt...:huh:

Oh dear, here we go again....

In 2010, Labour left a HUGE deficit. A deficit is when state expenditure far exceeds state income. Naturally the effect of a deficit is that it adds to state debt, year upon year, with interest, until the deficit is eradicated and turned into surplus. Unless the Coalition government had miraculously reversed a £160bn deficit within 1 year, then debt had to grow, by definition. Thankfully, the huge deficit has since been more than halved and the economy is growing again.

When volunteers were needed for redundancies, a perfect opportunity to leave and get another job the great majority kept quiet. And before you ask, yes I did volunteer and leave.

Junior doctors are being treated so badly that they may be forced to strike.

I understand why the public thinks doctors earn a generous salary. I'm lucky to earn above the national average. But here’s a reality check: a junior doctor earns £22,636, which after four years increases to £30,002.

I am sure that they will not strike, but if that option is diminished, what alternative bargaining method could they use.

They would just have to take what ever terms were offered.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/junior-doctors-are-being-treated-so-badly-that-we-may-be-forced-to-strike-10507763.html?cmpid=facebook-post

Doctors aren't even close to being badly done to.

Here's a reality check to put your heart bleeding propaganda back in its box. You're quoting the lowest possible starting salary (actually £22,636- £25,461) for somebody straight out of medical school with no experience and under constant supervision (an F1) who is going to be in training for years to come.

£30,002 - £47,175 is the final training salary before becoming a consultant (£75,249) or salaried GP (£54,863 - £82,789) .

The public thinks doctors earn a generous salary because they do. Most doctors think that they do OK as well.

Doctors aren't even close to being badly done to.

Here's a reality check to put your heart bleeding propaganda back in its box. You're quoting the lowest possible starting salary (actually £22,636- £25,461) for somebody straight out of medical school with no experience and under constant supervision (an F1) who is going to be in training for years to come.

£30,002 - £47,175 is the final training salary before becoming a consultant (£75,249) or salaried GP (£54,863 - £82,789) .

The public thinks doctors earn a generous salary because they do. Most doctors think that they do OK as well.

Its quite a few years before decent wage then. And long hours / expensive and long education.

---------- Post added 19-09-2015 at 15:31 ----------

rather be a dentist or plastic surgeon!

Its quite a few years before decent wage then. And long hours / expensive and long education.

---------- Post added 19-09-2015 at 15:31 ----------

rather be a dentist or plastic surgeon!

You think that £25k isn't a decent wage for a 23 year old straight out of university, rising to £47k in 5 years, then to £75k?

You have your own reality distortion field. :hihi:

Or in FACT you are just a troll. Back under the bridge with you.