Is Arthur Scargill Exaggerating ?

Wasn't it because of attacks of the "scab" workers' coaches?

Or was it to tackle the mass bussing in of pickets from all over the North?

Also, south Yorkshire police are under the spotlight again but wasn't there mass bussing in of police from around the country??

I wouldn't be surprised if SYP exaggerated or lied to get lots of extra police there.

no that was down to thatcher giving them pay rises and plenty of overtime to do her dirty work:roll: they fell for it and another tory (majors)gov cut their wages :suspect: . never trust a tory :D

no that was down to thatcher giving them pay rises and plenty of overtime to do her dirty work:roll: they fell for it and another tory (majors)gov cut their wages :suspect: . never trust a tory :D

I love you guys. Still living in the 1980s. Still fighting Thatcher. Still thinking Arthur Scargill is a vote winner. This really is a wonderful time to remind everyone of what life was like in strike torn Britain. Remind them of the Winter of Discontent. Nationalised industry strikes and power cuts. The Britain that Corbyn wants us to return to.

I love you guys. Still living in the 1980s. Still fighting Thatcher. Still thinking Arthur Scargill is a vote winner. This really is a wonderful time to remind everyone of what life was like in strike torn Britain. Remind them of the Winter of Discontent. Nationalised industry strikes and power cuts. The Britain that Corbyn wants us to return to.

When would be the right time then?

truth hurts some people I wonder why that is :hihi:

Well quite. I think Roy Lynk of the Union of Democratic Mineworkers was angry (and sent his OBE back to the Queen as well) when Heseltine put forward a plan to privatise the pits in 1992. It was Lynk and Greatrex that encouraged Miners to work through the strike in 1985, then as their reward for loyalty to the Tory Government they got shafted in 1992!

---------- Post added 11-05-2016 at 17:38 ----------

Perhaps Foxy Lady wants to ban all history lessons in school as well, as it teaches children of our less than glorious past ;)

When would be the right time then?

It really is a good time right now.

---------- Post added 11-05-2016 at 17:48 ----------

It clearly hurts you.

Perhaps Foxy Lady wants to ban all history lessons in school as well, as it teaches children of our less than glorious past ;)

I think we should definitely teach folks about history. The Winter of Discontent. British Leyland. Miners being murdered for trying to go to work. I doubt many want to go back to the days when the power frequently went off. People need to be warned about Corbyn, Scargill Red Robbo and the rest of that bunch so they don't make the mistake of ever having another government that panders to them.