Great Yorkshire Run 2015

I think you just made that up.

I needed to get to the Parkway for 11. Left Stannington at 10:30, got down to Hillsborough, sloooooowwww crawl all along Langsett with all the traffic lights still at their normal (annoying even at the best of times) timings, diverted up back streets to Brookhill roundabout, magical mystery tour around town center eventually getting to Park Square roundabout and on to Parkway around 11:20.

Shocking.

It was well publicised so you should have had the forethought to set off earlier and find an alternative route and I don't tell lies

---------- Post added 29-09-2015 at 07:34 ----------

Drive an alternative route, wow never thought of that! :roll:

Do you not think that many many many other people WERE talking these alternative routes, resulting in them being just as congested?

You made no attempt to think for yourself and work out how to go a different way or set off earlier when you knew there may be delays. Are you serious? Blame everybody else when a little forethought would have got you there in time

Edited by denlin

All people are doing here is advertising the fact that they feel disgruntled. Which is pretty much inconsequential. If you feel traffic could have been managed better, maybe a good idea to send your feedback direct to the race organisers or city council.

For me, I love that cars are de-prioritised from time to time. Dirty stinking polluting things they are. God only knows how the moaners on here would react if we copied the French, and had a car free day! :)

Edited by Waldo

• 2 weeks later...

Contrary to what some posters believe it is not just Sheffield that has road disruptions for charity runs. Early warning to avoid ruining your weekend.

Link below will bring back your worst nightmares

Plusnet York Marathon for Cancer Research Sunday11/10/2015

http://www.itravelyork.info/uploads/Marathon_Road_Closures.pdf

Edited by bazjea