Why should I pay for Jeremy Corbyn's friend Claire

A lot to lose in one year, others could lose more.

Like I say the chancellor will backtrack...by next year I can see tax credits review. The government wont risk derailing the economy.

I was reading from the IFS that 80% will lose money even taking into account wage increases.

I was surprised at the depth of the cuts considering the living wage slow introduction.

I still think the welfare state needs addressing though. Public cant go on subsidising big business and private landlords.

---------- Post added 19-09-2015 at 13:22 ----------

I suspect Claire will regret her 15 minutes of fame . I wonder if the BBC gave Claire any advice on what she was letting herself into when she agreed to be interviewed on national television ?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/labour/11871261/Why-should-I-pay-for-Jeremy-Corbyns-friend-Claire-to-have-so-many-children-tax-credits-PMQs.html

I hate the telegraph. Really not worth considering. Both parents are working...

Should people stop having kids? When we have a clearly ageing populus.

Should public subsidise private business and landlords?

Nothing is 'fair'...the telegraph can stop moaning.

Should people stop having kids? When we have a clearly ageing populus.

The ageing populous we have now was mainly down the baby boom after WWII. Within the next decade it will start to decline even though people are living longer.

Encouraging people to have more kids now will only lead to another problem in 65-70 years time.

The ageing populous we have now was mainly down the baby boom after WWII. Within the next decade it will start to decline even though people are living longer.

Encouraging people to have more kids now will only lead to another problem in 65-70 years time.

Surely having loads of kids secures the next 50 years...tax revenues and output.

I suspect Claire will regret her 15 minutes of fame . I wonder if the BBC gave Claire any advice on what she was letting herself into when she agreed to be interviewed on national television ?

Why?

Hers was a good point and very well made. Five kids. Five future workers. Five future taxpayers. 18 years of modest taxpayer support for 50 years of future taxes to be paid by her kids.

We should be proud of her and her husband.

And no, that is not a wind-up!! Just basic economics.

The unemployment rate of young people is at an all-time high. Having more around will not lessen that unless more jobs can be created for them so that they can contribute.

Throwing baby out with the bath water

We need to sort the youth unemployment out, not discourage procreation

Why should I pay for Jeremy Corbyn's friend Claire to have so many children?

This is on the Telegraph website this morning. Normally I get my news from the one sided BBC and make up my own mind, but I couldn't ignore this well presented piece.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/labour/11871261/Why-should-I-pay-for-Jeremy-Corbyns-friend-Claire-to-have-so-many-children-tax-credits-PMQs.html

Tax credits were a way of the last failure of a Labour Government to bribe the people with their own money to continue to vote for them.

no, employers should pay a decent wage instead of being subsidised by the government, hence the living wage