Why should I pay for Jeremy Corbyn's friend Claire

oh wait......yeah they prob do in the long run !!! at least bankers and businesses put back in at some point:roll:

no just a realist, ok so maybe they are not squeaky clean all the time but thats what makes it work.

When working class people are quite happy to allow companies to make millions in profit and pay no tax, and then say..."thats what makes it work".....Thats when you know we are stuffed :mad::mad:

When I first joined my employer I was in receipt of New Deal payment because the pay was so low and my previous year's income was below the threshold. I was grateful for the £11 a month but it was hardly earth shattering.

I remember when Tax Credits came in and our bosses at the then Inland Revenue desperately wanted to administer them because they saw a chance to Empire build and also to increase workforce. Most of the people on the shop floor knew it would be a disaster, an organisation 99% effective at getting money was now given the job of giving it out.

Total nightmare.

It should have been the DWP who administered it.

In all my years of working there I have grown more and more resentful of Tax Credits. A good but flawed idea has just been exploited by criminal gangs and collusive employers (yeah mate, I'll pay you for 30 hours but you just claim you do 16), suffered massive fraud and is now being used to provide people earning comparatively good wages with top ups. I've seen people who get more Tax Credits than they get wages. Ridiculous. Same goes for childcare payments to middle class workers.

My hatred of the Tories knows no bounds but I believe getting rid of Tax Credits altogether and making employers pay higher wages is a no brainer.

The money should be targeted at the genuinely poor.

what with the kinds of jobs they got to look forward too macidees/costacoffee/kfc/ and zero hours contracts yes that's going to pay the pension bill init:roll::loopy:

Welcome to the Tory economy.

There's another important point. Surely an increased British birthrate reduces the need for future inward migration.

So a question for those who are attacking Claire - say 20 years down the line do you want to be served in a shop by Claire's kids or the children of immigrants from outside the EU?

When I first joined my employer I was in receipt of New Deal payment because the pay was so low and my previous year's income was below the threshold. I was grateful for the £11 a month but it was hardly earth shattering.

I remember when Tax Credits came in and our bosses at the then Inland Revenue desperately wanted to administer them because they saw a chance to Empire build and also to increase workforce. Most of the people on the shop floor knew it would be a disaster, an organisation 99% effective at getting money was now given the job of giving it out.

Total nightmare.

It should have been the DWP who administered it.

In all my years of working there I have grown more and more resentful of Tax Credits. A good but flawed idea has just been exploited by criminal gangs and collusive employers (yeah mate, I'll pay you for 30 hours but you just claim you do 16), suffered massive fraud and is now being used to provide people earning comparatively good wages with top ups. I've seen people who get more Tax Credits than they get wages. Ridiculous. Same goes for childcare payments to middle class workers.

My hatred of the Tories knows no bounds but I believe getting rid of Tax Credits altogether and making employers pay higher wages is a no brainer.

The money should be targeted at the genuinely poor.

I agree. But business has to play ball...and a proper transition take place. Cutting too fast damages individuals, families and the economy.

As you say it's a no brainer. I honestly don't know who these governments consult. ..

Osborne has to now decide to slow cuts to tax credits...it all has to be done again, for the sake of the economy and tories chances of winning at next GE.

Either that or provide another incentive to people which smoothes that transition

---------- Post added 19-09-2015 at 16:40 ----------

erm big businesses:roll:

Well you said it....:D

---------- Post added 19-09-2015 at 16:41 ----------

The IFS has said the vast majority of working people in receipt of in work benefits will lose between 200 and 1500...

It's a no brainer

---------- Post added 19-09-2015 at 16:43 ----------

That's 200 and 1500 which won't get spent in the economy

Look forward to increased inflation and negative growth if this line continues

Osborne has to now decide to slow cuts to tax credits...it all has to be done again, for the sake of the economy and tories chances of winning at next GE.

Either that or provide another incentive to people which smoothes that transition

---------- Post added 19-09-2015 at 16:40 ----------

Well you said it....:D

---------- Post added 19-09-2015 at 16:41 ----------

The IFS has said the vast majority of working people in receipt of in work benefits will lose between 200 and 1500...

It's a no brainer

---------- Post added 19-09-2015 at 16:43 ----------

That's 200 and 1500 which won't get spent in the economy

Look forward to increased inflation and negative growth if this line continues

No they won't, they won't lose a penny, they just won't get it.

No they won't, they won't lose a penny, they just won't get it.

They won't get tax credits so lose money

---------- Post added 19-09-2015 at 16:55 ----------

Between 200 and 1500 per year

---------- Post added 19-09-2015 at 16:56 ----------

El Cid said 1375

They won't get tax credits so lose money

---------- Post added 19-09-2015 at 16:55 ----------

Between 200 and 1500 per year

---------- Post added 19-09-2015 at 16:56 ----------

El Cid said 1375

I repeat as you seem to like doing.

They won't lose a penny,they will just receive less, there's a fairly simple solution, if you can't afford kids don't have them or get a better paid job.

And where does all this end? Some are saying we need people like her to keep the population up, so her five have five each recurring, the country will finish up with a population like China's.