Protected NCD question

Timeh

I discussed protected NCD this when my car insurance was due for renewal a few months back.

The insurance person said that you do keep the 70% discount or whatever % it is after an accident but. . . your premium will still rise next year.

Ive cleared some space now :)

I reckon i will go with protected no claims. Having seen the standard of driving get worse recently on our roads and the state of some of the cars id be amazed if half these people had a license let alone insurance so protecting my no claims seems the smarter thing to do :)

I wouldn't bother.

your existing insurer will know you have had a claim, bang up the premium accordingly, telling you about rising costs in the insurance market and then give you your 70% discount, duping you into thinking they have maintained the discount.

A new insurer will ask about your claims history and charge accordingly.

From a laymans view, another rip off to get a few more quid off the customer

Anyone have it?

Is it worth it?

Whats the real benefit of it?

Should i have it?

I have PNC, I paid my insurance renewal, then a few weeks later some one claimed I'd caused an accident with them before the renewal. I then got a bill from the insurance company for increased premiums, when I pointed out to them I'd got PNC they said it didn't affect the premiums, and couldn't get a satisfactory explanation what I was paying it for.

Fortunately for me I was able to eventually prove neither me or my car were in the location at the time and got a refund.

I wouldn't bother.

your existing insurer will know you have had a claim, bang up the premium accordingly, telling you about rising costs in the insurance market and then give you your 70% discount, duping you into thinking they have maintained the discount.

A new insurer will ask about your claims history and charge accordingly.

From a laymans view, another rip off to get a few more quid off the customer

This is the most sensible reply on this thread, think of protected NCD as PPI. It is little better, its just another way of getting £25 or whatever the PPI sorry protected NCD payment is out of you.

You are then tied to that insurance company while ever you are in receipt of a claim, 5 years to declare on an insurance quote? If you are a good driver your money would be better spent on a dash cam.

If your a crap driver, which narrows it down to about 80% of the drivers on the road now, then yes go for it but be prepared for said insurance company selling PPI sorry protected NCD to have your pants down for an eternity.