Checking your mirrors

Very simple really, how often do you check your rear view/wing mirrors when driving?

Today we nearly got pushed off a fast A-road in Scotland during an overtaking manoeuvre because some numpty didn't realise we were there.

I have been taught to check all my mirrors at least twice a minute and certainly before and during changing lane, no matter what the circumstances. That means I know what is behind me all the time and am even more aware when changing lanes, it seems not everybody does this!

Yes I check mine every time I drive, once when I set off in the morning, and once when I have parked up for the evening. Like my friend above I am also a Jedi Knight (as stated on my census returns), but I use the force for more important things.

Angel1.

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

Very simple really, how often do you check your rear view/wing mirrors when driving?

Today we nearly got pushed off a fast A-road in Scotland during an overtaking manoeuvre because some numpty didn't realise we were there.

I have been taught to check all my mirrors at least twice a minute and certainly before and during changing lane, no matter what the circumstances. That means I know what is behind me all the time and am even more aware when changing lanes, it seems not everybody does this!

Best assume that every other driver on the road doesn't know you're there.