Saying thankyou

vanya

I have a friend I have known for a year. An older man from down south.

My father and I own a caravan at Flamborough and this man has just had three nights in it as a friend we asked no money. He texted me and said could he eat the kit kats in the fridge he would replace them

He popped into our house Friday and dropped the keys off asked twice if he could stay over again.

Never said thankyou.

I discussed it with dad and we agreed he must have left a thankyou note and replacement kit kats. hes texted since and still not said thanks.

So when I went to the caravan it was clean and tidy but no kitkats and no note.

I think this is terrible and dad agrees.

He is a lonely older retired man but he drove the 200 miles so still capable. Should I feel guilty if I cut ties.

And they say the younger generation lack manners . Any one decent would have bought you and your father a token gift , maybe flowers or a bottle if no money changed hands . A thank you would have cost nothing and I would have thought been said as a natural instinct .

He surely said thank you when he was offered the caravan, maybe if you had said 'did you enjoy your stay' he would have thanked you then.

Anyway, I wouldn't make a habit of offering the caravan to the same person....er where exactly is it, ah Flamborough:D