www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk

My acceptance to the site was confirmed last May and since that time I have been able to access the site without any difficulty using Google Chrome on Windows 7. In post #119 by Boginspro he points out that the site seems to be browser specific and to try another option if you have a problem.

Yes there are still times when I cannot view attachments on older threads due mainly to server changes but in the past couple of months the site owner has been active and over 200 new members have been enrolled. The current activity shows that they are starting to post and that some members of longer standing are returning so I believe the outlook is brighter for the site's future.

What does strike this 'senior citizen' is just how fast history is being made, the massive changes that have taken place in Sheffield are being recorded in much more detail now for future generations to discover 'what it was like in the olden days'.

My acceptance to the site was confirmed last May and since that time I have been able to access the site without any difficulty using Google Chrome on Windows 7. In post #119 by Boginspro he points out that the site seems to be browser specific and to try another option if you have a problem.

Yes there are still times when I cannot view attachments on older threads due mainly to server changes but in the past couple of months the site owner has been active and over 200 new members have been enrolled. The current activity shows that they are starting to post and that some members of longer standing are returning so I believe the outlook is brighter for the site's future.

What does strike this 'senior citizen' is just how fast history is being made, the massive changes that have taken place in Sheffield are being recorded in much more detail now for future generations to discover 'what it was like in the olden days'.

Thanks everyone for your responses.

I've now managed to sign up through the Facebook option and am awaiting approval.

Hopefully it won't be too long.

Peter.

• 1 month later...

I have a friend who is a member, he even emailed the owner of the site that about me trying to join and not being able to, however I am still not in after over 2 years!

Tried all kinds of browsers but have no luck!

• 2 weeks later...