Osborne to cut all free school dinners

I've said what needed to be said already. If you want to ignore it in order to defend the government's behaviour then you go ahead. I can't make you develop a moral compass.

You aren't paying attention.

It would be hard to find many people who wouldn't agree with getting rid of bar subsidies in Westminster but you're in the realms of so what. It's not even peanuts. The subsidy is exactly the amount that has just been awarded to a Sheffield housing association to tackle loneliness in the over 50's.

Find something more convincing to talk about that isn't just getting on the moral high ground.

Have you got anything useful to say or is it just pointless moralising today or are you just worried that you'll have to pay for your kids meals and then you'll have to pay for a couple of weekend city breaks in Europe out of your own pocket?

I thought it was the parents role to make sure the kids are fed properly??

Doing so by balancing their household budget, and you know being an adult????

Hear, Hear.

'To either cut down on beer, or the kid's new gear' as the song goes.

You aren't paying attention.

Have you got anything useful to say or is it just pointless moralising today or are you just worried that you'll have to pay for your kids meals and then you'll have to pay for a couple of weekend city breaks in Europe out of your own pocket?

You're conveniently ignoring post #7 and #24 like I said.

---------- Post added 21-09-2015 at 12:11 ----------

It's telling that you think that morality is pointless and you like the conservatives. It's a good match.

I don't have any children, so I have no axe to grind, school meals for children is paid for out of my tax, I certainly won't benefit.

It's telling that you think that morality is pointless and you like the conservatives. .

Says who? Don't invent things to superimpose your prejudices on me.

Tell me if I'm wrong here but you think it is a good thing that the well off get free school meals when government budgets are tight in key areas.

They are strange morals that seem more like a sense of entitlement.

You said that moralising was pointless (and are displaying a lack of morality IMO) and you're defending the conservatives (and often do).

I think it's a good thing that all children are provided a free, good quality, school meal. Means testing it is pointless and divisive IMO.

I've no idea how you could think that is a sense of entitlement, since I'm not a school child, nor do I have any. It's the opposite of entitlement when you want other people to have something that my taxes will help pay for.

This hasn't been announced yet. From what I can tell, this is a comment made my a Lib Dem MP. Nothing is official so until then its best to wait.

The cuts are wide ranging. Some break manifesto promises. Im not best pleased with the tories.

To eliminate the deficit there must be £3bn of cuts by 2016-17 financial year; £11bn by 2017-18; £18bn by 2018-19, £20bn by 2019-20.

• Squeeze likely to hit Home Office, including police and immigration officers; early years education; sixth form colleges; local government; support for business; and the criminal justice system.

• Public service reform: more state-funded services to be delivered by private firms; more user charges for the general public.

• Welfare: Government to consider “further sensible reforms” to make system more affordable on top of the £12bn cuts already imposed.

• Overseas aid: Commitment to spend 0.7 per cent of Gross National Income retained. But squeeze on projects funded by departments outside of Department for International Development.

• An end to automatic annual pay increases for civil servants based on their length of service.

• Departments, including Ministry of Defence, to be charged fees for using the electromagnetic spectrum for

---------- Post added 21-09-2015 at 12:38 ----------

School meals?

Business support?

Never voted for that...

---------- Post added 21-09-2015 at 12:39 ----------

You said that moralising was pointless (and are displaying a lack of morality IMO) and you're defending the conservatives (and often do).

I think it's a good thing that all children are provided a free, good quality, school meal. Means testing it is pointless and divisive IMO.

I've no idea how you could think that is a sense of entitlement, since I'm not a school child, nor do I have any. It's the opposite of entitlement when you want other people to have something that my taxes will help pay for.

Its vital kids have free school meals. Milk time for the young ones too.

Free meals for Y3 children and above are means tested and it isn't divisive. What is the difference for well off Y1 and Y2 children?

Free meals for Y3 children and above are means tested and it isn't divisive. What is the difference for well off Y1 and Y2 children?

Course its divisive. You clearly have an axe to grind against anyone richer than you and little kids.