Osborne to cut all free school dinners

more and more schools are asking more and more money off parents.

Its stupid - we already pay taxes.

---------- Post added 21-09-2015 at 16:04 ----------

Why can't the parents provide this basic need?

because we pay taxes.

---------- Post added 21-09-2015 at 16:05 ----------

schools are asking for donations now - 100 quid per year.

Aswell as all the other stuff....its getting beyond a joke.

why are you singling out and pitting one set of kids against another?

thats devisive.

I'm not sure I'm pitting one set of kids against another set, so I don't know where you're going with that one.

It allows around £600 million to be ploughed back into education, to improve education for all. I don't know why it's such an issue it has always been this way until around a couple of years ago.

What else should taxes cover? Perhaps they should cover a 1 week holiday on the Costa Del Sol? And bus and tram fares? Perhaps taxes should pay for my lunch?

---------- Post added 21-09-2015 at 16:06 ----------

I'm not sure I pitting one set of kids against another set.

It allows around £600 million to be ploughed back into education, to improve education for all. I don't know why it's such an issue it has always been this way until around a couple of years ago.

It allows £600 million to be splattered up a wall somewhere, handed over to the firms that MPs will have non-executive directorships in later in life.

It allows £600 million to be splattered up a wall somewhere, handed over to the firms that MPs will have non-executive directorships in later in life.

The money comes directly from the education budget, with the schools funding it themselves, unless I'm mistaken.

I'm not sure I'm pitting one set of kids against another set, so I don't know where you're going with that one.

not sure where youre going either. Should we pay for school meals?

---------- Post added 21-09-2015 at 16:12 ----------

I'd just like to pay some taxes. And then the taxes distributed on essentials / needs. Pretty straightforward proposal.

It's not the schools fault (directly). But it's not parents job to subsidise the state (which they already pay taxes towards maintaining).

---------- Post added 21-09-2015 at 16:15 ----------

its an ever expanding bill for parents. no wonder teachers are leaving teaching in droves. who'd want to be involved in this mess.