Arent you glad you live in a place where..

Timeh

What happened before the start of the footage? Did this teenager disrespect the police officer? Did he follow all instructions without giving attitude? We will never know.

Suppose he did disrespect the officer (not saying he did) do feel that justified his treatment?

Could be worse, it could be a society where women get stoned to death for adultery.

True i suppose. In fact both cultures (one that allows its coppers to routinely do stuff like this and one that kills women for adultery) need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Having said that, So do we but at least our police are less violent than their Blue blood brothers and sisters over the pond so i guess i should be thankful for small mercies.

---------- Post added 21-09-2015 at 16:42 ----------

I think that perhaps between the pair of you might actually extinguish all hope for humanities soul.

:confused:

Is it good for humanities soul if people disrespect the laws laid down for everyone?

Like the other poster said, youve no idea what happened before the footage was recorded.

Should we get to the state where the police darent arrest someone because of their race or colour,is that fair?

Given the recent race cases in the usa dont you think the police officers would have considered every option available very carefull before taking any action?

Is it good for humanities soul if people disrespect the laws laid down for everyone?

Like the other poster said, youve no idea what happened before the footage was recorded.

Should we get to the state where the police darent arrest someone because of their race or colour,is that fair?

Given the recent race cases in the usa dont you think the police officers would have considered every option available very carefull before taking any action?

NO, I don't. Their history of picking on ethnics is plain to see and they don't seem to learn. Then again, I'm not the one in that situation.

Edited by woolyhead

Why is it that when these incidents are recorded it's ALWAYS after the confrontation first started?

The cop in this case appears to be black himself. The young kid deserves some sympathy but like so many of his kind he's more the victim of bad parenting than anything else. If the adult woman in the background, (presumably a local parent herself) continually yelling profanity is anything to go by the kid and others like him have already got two strikes against them

It's well past the time when all cops should be equipped with body cams

Edited by Harleyman