Arent you glad you live in a place where..

Timeh

Yes we do know, the only reason he was stopped is because he didn't respond to an officer telling him to move. This is information that the police released openly.

How many times was he told to move ?

He refused to comply with an instruction from the officer.

Had he refused to comply with requests/instructions before?

Was he causing an obstruction/dangerous situation by not moving ?

When all's said and done and dodgy cops aside where would we all be if there were no police at all?

My town is next to a major interstate with up market properties and incomes. Just recently the police busted a gang from Los Angeles whose modus operandi was to hit homes in affluent neighborhoods and make a fast getaway on the interstate before the police arrived. Thanks to diligent work by our local PD the robbers, eight of them were all caught after twice robbing homes in the neighbourhood. They were all black gang members and none of them were shot by the police during arrest although the robbers were armed themselves

You excuse the behaviour of a woman who was inflaming the situation and adding to the anti police view by providing a commentary and amazingly consider she would have been killed if she had done anything else.

The police not arresting her for her behaviour and obscene language you find proves their guilt, I propose if they were guilty of anything they would have arrested her and did not do so as she was not the primary problem.

You are spot on, my friend.

She was absolutely inflaming the situation with her big mouth. One of the reasons so many officers respond to situations like this, is because of the crowds. Which can quickly get out of control. It's much safer to simply allow Ms. Loudmouth to let off some steam screaming and cussing. One thing American police have to contend with, is the uncertainty of never knowing who has a gun and who doesn't. They don't want to make a bad situation worse, so they let this lady yell.

I have personally seen American police do this:

Crowded, hot, hole in the wall Mexican restaurant. I am there with my kids picking up dinner.

Drunk and his equally drunk girlfriend get belligerent when the staff refuse to serve them more cerveza.

Drunks refuse to leave. Shouting obscenities in both english AND spanish. My wide eyed kids learned a few new words that day. :help:

Owners call police.

Police arrive. Take drunk into custody.

As they are frog marching him out to the car, drunk's girlfriend takes off her sandal and begins whaling on the nearest officer.

She is restrained so she can't harm herself or others, and they do some checking. Hmmmm. Well ma'am. Looks like you have some unpaid traffic tickets, court appearances you didn't show up for, warrants, etc. Guess you are coming with us. This delightful couple rides off to the hoosgow together.

I have seen the above a few times. Loudmouth who won't shut up gets asked for ID and the wheels of justice start a 'rollin. If they can't verify their ID, they are "detained" until proper proof of identity can be produced. And it's often the one shouting the loudest who has the most to lose.

Do the police sometimes get it wrong? Absolutely! But would any of us want to be in their shoes, doing a job where one wrong decision could mean our lives? I know I wouldn't.

---------- Post added 25-09-2015 at 21:41 ----------

Also, it hurts my heart to see how the city of Stockton has gone downhill in recent years. It was such a wonderful place when I was a child. :(

Any lawsuits should be interesting, as Stockton filed bankruptcy a few years ago. The city is broke.

Spot the odd ones out...

1- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enPjQYPwnHI

2-

3- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeGcCGeHuIg

4- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcCN5C7UBx0

5- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUuYK_W4qoo

6-

7- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzPbN_xWrcg

8-

(EDIT- I realise some of the videos are from stupid channels, such as Infowars, but the same videos can be found elsewhere, without the morons presenting them).

I see you have spent some time and effort to compile all these links. You have the help of a press only too eager to beat up on us. In the US, most newspapers concentrate on local issues more than nationwide, so some of these events would not be known of all over. Good of you to point this out truly. The only question I have about this and other commentary is why. Is there genuine concern about what is happening to black people in bad areas, or is it just another attempt to show how much better you are than us? If that is the case you waste your time doing so. We know we have a problem, and not one person in 10,000 cares what Sheffield says about it, though I care. There are nightly gang killings going on in our State Capital Hartford in the worst part of town, black on black. It is dangerous for black police officers to try and keep order in the part of town they may live. So the white cops get the job, and unfortunately sometimes go overboard in what would be trivial in other parts of the city. If you think I'm racist you should meet my black granddaughter in law Brenda, the apple of my eye and tell her that. She has a mean left hook.

If you think I'm racist you should meet my black granddaughter in law Brenda, the apple of my eye and tell her that. She has a mean left hook.

:gag:You're utterly contemptible. You wave that racist stick around every time a "race" issue raises its ugly head. ..stop hiding behind your token Black GD in law. The reason your GD is in your family is probably because your son thinks highly of her, and nothing to do with you or how you think. Have a little respect for your GDIL instead of using her to boost your image and marking her as violent..

---------- Post added 26-09-2015 at 02:35 ----------

Good of you to point this out truly.

Cheap and dishonest...you're not "true" at all. Quite the opposite.

Edited by cassity

:gag:You're utterly contemptible. You wave that racist stick around every time a "race" issue raises its ugly head. ..stop hiding behind your token Black GD in law. The reason your GD is in your family is probably because your son thinks highly of her, and nothing to do with you or how you think. Have a little respect for your GDIL instead of using her to boost your image and marking her as violent..

---------- Post added 26-09-2015 at 02:35 ----------

Cheap and dishonest...you're not "true" at all. Quite the opposite.

Where did they dig you up from? You know nothing about me, and I don't want to know anything about crap like you. You are a troll of the worst kind, adding nothing to a debate but sullen hate. Go home and sleep it off. Next time take more water with it.:rant::rant::rant:

The man in the wheelchair ignored repeated orders to raise his hands. That is shown on the video. He then reached into a trouser pocket to take something out. That is also shown on the video. He was later found to have a gun shot wound self inflicted. His mother denied he had a gun but it always seems that the mothers of the people shot by police are always in some sort of denial. If they'd done a better job raising their sons and daughters then maybe these kind of incidents would never happen.

During the Rodney King riots when a white truck driver, Reginald Denny was forcibly dragged from his cab and repeatedly smashed on the head with a brick, all taped from a news helicopter while the 77th LAPD division who should have been on the scene but were not, the mother of this youth who went by the name of "Football" Williams told the court that her boy was a good boy who could never do anything like what was seen on the news video.

This kind of denial is often in evidence when the media interview the relatives of the person shot.

In a multi cultural society as the US is today I have to wonder why these encounters with police seem to involve only black people. Without intending to bring racism into it the question begs an answer of some sort

Edited by Harleyman

You are spot on, my friend.

She was absolutely inflaming the situation with her big mouth. [.

Rubbish. Absolute horse muck.

Why didnt they arrest her then? :)

---------- Post added 26-09-2015 at 10:29 ----------

Well said! ..............

Rubbish. Absolute horse muck.

Why didnt they arrest her then? :)

---------- Post added 26-09-2015 at 10:29 ----------

Well said! ..............

Sierra is one of the best and most liked contributors to this forum, a member of long standing, bringing a bit of real California sunshine to the game unlike a couple of 2015 rookies like you and your buddy nasty Cassity.

Sierra is one of the best and most liked contributors to this forum, a member of long standing, bringing a bit of real California sunshine to the game unlike a couple of 2015 rookies like you and your buddy Cassidy.

Ha. Well done. Youve just folded your hand and given up the game. Youve clearly nothing worth while to add so you resort to some lame attempt at pulling rank. Hilarious lol