Arent you glad you live in a place where..

Timeh

My oh my 4 shootings in four days. Where were you staying? Motel Six in downtown Detroit ? :hihi:

Next time use a reputable travel agency. Budget Getaways in Attercliffe may seem like a bargain but as the old saying goes 'Yer gets what yer pays for" :hihi:

And here's me lived in the same town for almost 40 years and only one shooting this year. Hispanic guy got a little over emotional when he suspected his missus was double dippin' :hihi:

I know you probably thought that was a witty reply while you were typing it but at the end of the day the only thing you actually ridiculed there was your own (adopted) country.

Edited by RootsBooster

I know you probably thought that was a witty reply while you were typing it but at the end of the day the only thing you actually ridiculed there was your own (adopted) country.

I don't know how anybody could come for .. what was it a vacation of some sort?....... and claim that during that time there were four shootings featured on the local news at wherever they were staying. it's this kind of wild exaggeration that stimulates my idea of the ridiculous :D

I don't know how anybody could come for .. what was it a vacation of some sort?....... and claim that during that time there were four shootings featured on the local news at wherever they were staying. it's this kind of wild exaggeration that stimulates my idea of the ridiculous :D

It wasn't a vacation. You accepted that number of shootings when I first told you the other year, why do you doubt it now?

On average there's more than 270 shootings a day, across 50 states. That's an average of more than 5 shootings each day per state. Looks like I must have been in a nicer neighbourhood.

Edited by RootsBooster

It wasn't a vacation. You accepted that number of shootings when I first told you the other year, why do you doubt it now?

On average there's more than 270 shootings a day, across 50 states. That's an average of more than 5 shootings each day per state. Looks like I must have been in a nicer neighbourhood.

If the shooting are in the great majority gang related as I suspect they are, who cares anyway ?

If the shooting are in the great majority gang related as I suspect they are, who cares anyway ?

Come off it, you're not really that naive that you don't think gang violence affects plenty of innocents and the greater community, are you?

Edited by RootsBooster

Come off it, you're not really that naive that you don't think gang violence affects plenty of innocents and the greater community, are you?

Yes it definitely does but the problem there is that the people in the community who should be active in helping curb gang violence aren't putting enough effort into it. Working and co-operating with the police is absolutely essential

There seems to be an inherent distrust of the police in black communities and if a police officer, especially a white one is seen questioning a black person then it soon attracts a crowd and invariably there's always someone in the crowd who starts to use his or her mouth at twice the speed of his or her brain capacity.

The police can only do so much to curb crime and drug dealing. Tip offs and other kinds of intelligence gathering need the all out effort of those in the community who are sick and tired of gangs ruling the streets

Edited by Harleyman

Yes it definitely does but the problem there is that the people in the community who should be active in helping curb gang violence aren't putting enough effort into it. Working and co-operating with the police is absolutely essential

There seems to be an inherent distrust of the police in black communities and if a police officer, especially a white one is seen questioning a black person then it soon attracts a crowd and invariably there's always someone in the crowd who starts to use his or her mouth at twice the speed of his or her brain capacity.

The police can only do so much to curb crime and drug dealing. Tip offs and other kinds of intelligence gathering need the all out effort of those in the community who are sick and tired of gangs ruling the streets

Are you surprised that there's mistrust of the police? The mistrust isn't just exclusive to black communities, there's mistrust from all kinds of backgrounds.

So now you're an expert on America, I don't suppose you'll want to risk life and limb coming again. Leaving it to us poor citizens and residents to make it through the days without that expertise you bring to us. I think we'll be alright though. Don't hurry back.