Arent you glad you live in a place where..

Timeh

So now you're an expert on America, I don't suppose you'll want to risk life and limb coming again. Leaving it to us poor citizens and residents to make it through the days without that expertise you bring to us. I think we'll be alright though. Don't hurry back.

I love sarcasm. When its done right so keep practising.

Meanwhile in America even though i havent checked today im sure some innocent person has been shot and killed by and American police officer. I would also go so far as to say he may have been black.

When youve done trying to make out everything is fine over there remember this, it isnt and it needs fixing so fix it. You think you have a democracy, you think you are free so exercise a bit of both and do something to stop all these people getting murdered by power hungry trigger happy cops.

So now you're an expert on America, I don't suppose you'll want to risk life and limb coming again. Leaving it to us poor citizens and residents to make it through the days without that expertise you bring to us. I think we'll be alright though. Don't hurry back.

Why is that always the inevitable stock response from Harley and yourself?....

"You think you know so much, you don't know nuthin' about the US!"

You realise, of course, that in this day and age it takes a few mere moments to summon such data and information via the wonderful magic of the intrawebs?

As much as you might like the facts an figures to remain hidden away, they're out there, freely available for anyone to view.

Because I point these figures out (in answer to Harley calling them wildly exaggerated) you don't want me coming back? What kind of a response is that? :suspect:

You realise, of course, that in this day and age it takes a few mere moments to summon such data and information via the wonderful magic of the intrawebs?

As much as you might like the facts an figures to remain hidden away, they're out there, freely available for anyone to view.

Because I point these figures out (in answer to Harley calling them wildly exaggerated) you don't want me coming back? What kind of a response is that? :suspect:

AMERICUUUURN!!

lol

Only joking. Most Americans are great people but some give the rest a bit of a bad name.

Are you surprised that there's mistrust of the police? The mistrust isn't just exclusive to black communities, there's mistrust from all kinds of backgrounds.

Really ? :hihi: Living for over four decades in multi-cultural Southern California hasn't taught me a damned thing then. But here's how it really is.

The fastest growing ethnic groups, Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, Filipinos, Hindus, Vietnamese, Iranians, Muslim are not culturally anti-police. The problems which afflict black communities don't afflict them. There may be instances of crime and that's a fact in any community irrespective of ethnicity but drug dealing, prostitution inter-gang rivalries which lead to frequent shootings are not one of them. The other large group Mexican and Hispanic have problem neighborhoods but not on the same level as the black neighbourhoods.

Community leaders in the worst crime ridden, gang ridden black communities need to decide what they want. Either a high profile police presence and a close working relationship with the police or continue as they are with that "Pigs aint welcome"attitude which will get them nowhere.

There are good community minded activists among them who volunteer for such things as coaching sports. encouraging youngsters to stay in school, teaching anti-drug classes and educating them as to the dangers of dropping out of school and drifting into gang membership. The other problem is a dysfunctional family structure, young single mothers with kids from different fathers, poor educational backgrounds.

I don't know the answers to all this but one thing is apparent, the solutions need to come from within

---------- Post added 30-09-2015 at 04:30 ----------

AMERICUUUURN!!

lol

Only joking. Most Americans are great people but some give the rest a bit of a bad name.

WUUeeell ! That could be said of any nationality

---------- Post added 30-09-2015 at 04:35 ----------

Well in my community 4 shootings in 4 days would be wildly exaggerated and that could be said for thousands more communities across the land but there a are some communities where that could happen which is why I asked you if you spent your 4 days in good old Detroit ? :D

WUUeeell ! That could be said of any nationality

Now there my friend we can agree. i knew it, i knew one day wed agree on something.

Oh, hang on you posted that a few hours ago. Youve probably stuck me on ignore again lol

Can the next person who posts quote this please, I want him to know we agree on something :D

Now there my friend we can agree. i knew it, i knew one day wed agree on something.

Oh, hang on you posted that a few hours ago. Youve probably stuck me on ignore again lol

Can the next person who posts quote this please, I want him to know we agree on something :D

Like anyone would give a monkeys fart

Really ? :hihi: Living for over four decades in multi-cultural Southern California hasn't taught me a damned thing then. But here's how it really is.

The fastest growing ethnic groups, Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, Filipinos, Hindus, Vietnamese, Iranians, Muslim are not culturally anti-police. The problems which afflict black communities don't afflict them. There may be instances of crime and that's a fact in any community irrespective of ethnicity but drug dealing, prostitution inter-gang rivalries which lead to frequent shootings are not one of them. The other large group Mexican and Hispanic have problem neighborhoods but not on the same level as the black neighbourhoods.

Community leaders in the worst crime ridden, gang ridden black communities need to decide what they want. Either a high profile police presence and a close working relationship with the police or continue as they are with that "Pigs aint welcome"attitude which will get them nowhere.

There are good community minded activists among them who volunteer for such things as coaching sports. encouraging youngsters to stay in school, teaching anti-drug classes and educating them as to the dangers of dropping out of school and drifting into gang membership. The other problem is a dysfunctional family structure, young single mothers with kids from different fathers, poor educational backgrounds.

I don't know the answers to all this but one thing is apparent, the solutions need to come from within

If you used the same crystal ball for this as you did in post #10, you'll have to forgive me if I don't automatically take your word for it that this diagnosis is correct.

If you used the same crystal ball for this as you did in post #10, you'll have to forgive me if I don't automatically take your word for it that this diagnosis is correct.

You can't just disregard someone's point because you didn't like a previous point they made.

He seems to have been stating that black neighbourhoods in the United States have higher crime rates than their neighbourhoods containing any other predominant ethnic group. However much it shakes people's left-wing sensibilities, it's an unfortunate fact and one backed up by mountains of evidence.

You can't just disregard someone's point because you didn't like a previous point they made.
I didn't, I disregarded it because it has nothing at all to do with the thread topic.

He seems to have been stating that black neighbourhoods in the United States have higher crime rates than their neighbourhoods containing any other predominant ethnic group. However much it shakes people's left-wing sensibilities, it's an unfortunate fact and one backed up by mountains of evidence.

Could you explain to me exactly which part of his post said even anything like that? Either I misread it or you did.

(Answer to wrong thread!)

Edited by RootsBooster