Arent you glad you live in a place where..

Timeh

It makes me laugh that people have posted on here "I wonder what the kid did first" as if he must somehow deserve this barbaric treatment. If the kid had been beating on the cop I bet not one of you would say "I wonder what the cop did first to deserve it". Some police officers are just power hungry bullies especially over in America.

Good post, Well said.

Why is it that when these incidents are recorded it's ALWAYS after the confrontation first started?

The cop in this case appears to be black himself. The young kid deserves some sympathy but like so many of his kind he's more the victim of bad parenting than anything else. If the adult woman in the background, (presumably a local parent herself) continually yelling profanity is anything to go by the kid and others like him have already got two strikes against them

It's well past the time when all cops should be equipped with body cams

Wow. I mean Wow!

Whats his kind by the way?

---------- Post added 22-09-2015 at 09:06 ----------

To be honest, its hard to say. We have a very different culture regarding police. Its even different on the continent. I think we have a more personal relationship with our police force that most other countries.

Did the guy refuse to cooperate with a search? Had he threatened the officer? Had he been acting suspicious?

American police are much more twitchy for good reason. Every month at least one police officer is shot and killed in the USA.

Ive embolden the bit i agree with, its a good point too and one worth mentioning but the rest of your post i disagree with, parts of it i disagree strongly with but the bold bit, Spot on mate.

Edited by nikki-red
font size

It makes me laugh that people have posted on here "I wonder what the kid did first" as if he must somehow deserve this barbaric treatment. If the kid had been beating on the cop I bet not one of you would say "I wonder what the cop did first to deserve it". Some police officers are just power hungry bullies especially over in America.

Maybe there wasn't good cause for arresting him (none of us know) but if someone resists arrest then it is inevitable that what comes back at them will be a force more powerful until they submit... the alleged offence makes no difference to that principle surely?

They obviously don't mess about in America like they do here but what do you expect in a country with more guns than people and where hundreds of police are killed each year?

To be honest, its hard to say. We have a very different culture regarding police. Its even different on the continent. I think we have a more personal relationship with our police force that most other countries.

Did the guy refuse to cooperate with a search? Had he threatened the officer? Had he been acting suspicious?

The police said that he "didn't respond". That's all.

American police are much more twitchy for good reason. Every month at least one police officer is shot and killed in the USA.

The American public are twitchy about police for good reason, every month about a hundred of them are killed by police.

---------- Post added 22-09-2015 at 10:07 ----------

Maybe there wasn't good cause for arresting him (none of us know) but if someone resists arrest then it is inevitable that what comes back at them will be a force more powerful until they submit... the alleged offence makes no difference to that principle surely?

They obviously don't mess about in America like they do here but what do you expect in a country with more guns than people and where hundreds of police are killed each year?

So far there have been no reports of the kid resisting arrest.

He certainly wasn't resisting when they threw him to the ground and assaulted him further.

Edited by RootsBooster