Arent you glad you live in a place where..

Timeh

How many law-abiding people are shot by police in the US?

I was shot three times for not staying on the marked crossing while crossing the road. When I reached the other side I was worked over with a truncheon for not obediently falling down and bleeding copiously

How many law-abiding people are shot by police in the US?

This is the point I was getting at, which no one understood (fair enough).

The people who are shot by police usually seem to either have a violent criminal past, be resisting arrest/wrestling the gun out of an officer's hand or armed. This is very quickly buried under the media reports of how "He was a good boy, went to church every week, never hurt no one".

It's another facet of white-guilt which causes everyone to irrationally assume that the US police are somehow programmed to hunt down minorities and murder them in the streets.

I'm not suggesting that the police aren't often at fault - but the media paints them as some sort of Disney bad guys. Ask the average person in the street about Rodney King and they'll probably tell you he was just some law-abiding citizen pulled out of his car for a regulation beating.

Edited by BarryRiley

This is the point I was getting at, which no one understood (fair enough).

The people who are shot by police usually seem to either have a violent criminal past, be resisting arrest/wrestling the gun out of an officer's hand or armed. This is very quickly buried under the media reports of how "He was a good boy, went to church every week, never hurt no one".

It's another facet of white-guilt which causes everyone to irrationally assume that the US police are somehow programmed to hunt down minorities and murder them in the streets.

I'm not suggesting that the police aren't often at fault - but the media paints them as some sort of Disney bad guys. Ask the average person in the street about Rodney King and they'll probably tell you he was just some law-abiding citizen pulled out of his car for a regulation beating.

Thats some might fine horse muck your spreading there ;)

Look at all the stuff about Michael Brown, and before him, Trayvon Martin. The Liberal media goes on about how the former was a "gentle giant" and the latter "a young boy eating skittles and drinking iced tea". Even showing pictures several years old for the latter. Then the truth comes out.

What was the truth about them?

Why is it that when these incidents are recorded it's ALWAYS after the confrontation first started?

The cop in this case appears to be black himself. The young kid deserves some sympathy but like so many of his kind he's more the victim of bad parenting than anything else. If the adult woman in the background, (presumably a local parent herself) continually yelling profanity is anything to go by the kid and others like him have already got two strikes against them

It's well past the time when all cops should be equipped with body cams

Typical white redneck Americurn respone.

May be the woman's yelling and use of profanity is at a point where she has got so accustomed to seeing this sort of thing happen too often.

What was the truth about them?

Did you ever see the video of Michael Brown robbing the convenience store and assaulting the owner several minutes before he was killed? No, probably not. Unsurprisingly the mainstream media didn't touch it as it didn't fit in with their narrative.

The Sandra Bland case was even worse. She was pulled over and could have been on her way had she not been completely uncooperative to the police for no other reason that she didn't like them. She then gets locked up and kills herself. Social media reacts with "Oh my God, da po po killed her and then used her corpse in a mug shot" which completely threw logic out of the window.

There was also the child who was brandishing a toy gun around a playground and was shot by police who had no way of knowing it was fake.

The people who riot and burn down whole cities don't want 'equality' or some sense of justice. They don't even research the cases they riot against. They hear that someone of the same race was killed and immediately smash everything to pieces.

The US is a very racist place, but it's not all as one sided as you think it is

---------- Post added 23-09-2015 at 16:11 ----------

Thats some might fine horse muck your spreading there ;)

Very good rebuttal. Well done

Did you ever see the video of Michael Brown robbing the convenience store and assaulting the owner several minutes before he was killed? No, probably not. Unsurprisingly the mainstream media didn't touch it as it didn't fit in with their narrative.

The Sandra Bland case was even worse. She was pulled over and could have been on her way had she not been completely uncooperative to the police for no other reason that she didn't like them. She then gets locked up and kills herself. Social media reacts with "Oh my God, da po po killed her and then used her corpse in a mug shot" which completely threw logic out of the window.

There was also the child who was brandishing a toy gun around a playground and was shot by police who had no way of knowing it was fake.

The people who riot and burn down whole cities don't want 'equality' or some sense of justice. They don't even research the cases they riot against. They hear that someone of the same race was killed and immediately smash everything to pieces.

The US is a very racist place, but it's not all as one sided as you think it is

---------- Post added 23-09-2015 at 16:11 ----------

What you posted was the truth of the matter but it will of course fall on deaf ears.

During the Watts and Rodney King riots they burned down and looted nearly all the small business stores in that area mostly owned by Koreans.

A year later there were vocal complaints to the city government that there weren't enough stores and other outlets serving that area.

Who would want to rebuild there anyway. If they don't want the LAPD showing too much of a high profile then the community at large should get a handle on things and start dealing themselves with the problems within their community