Arent you glad you live in a place where..

Timeh

The video will not show any repeat behaviour or even what happened a day or even an hour before the event.

It will not show any previous criminal, anti social or provocative behaviour.

It is very dangerous to make judgements solely on the video.

Yeah, its always dangerous to trust what you see with your own eyes

It is even more dangerous to have preconceived views and take things at face value without further research.

No it isnt. And besides, most people are sensible enough to work out whos to blame from a video like that.

If the copper says Drop the gun enough, maybe one will appear on the paraplegic hes about to murder, oops sorry i mean protect and serve.

Again I repeat you have not seen what happened before the video recording but believe what is being said by a woman screaming obscenities.

The "kid" she refers to is as tall as the officers and I would judge to be in his late teens or early twenties.

The police represent authority and it is not their role to back down when someone refuses to comply with their lawful instructions.

He will have been arrested for resisting arrest I imagine which could have been avoided if he had complied with the police officers instructions.

Regarding the jay walking issue. Maybe the police officer had previously witnessed someone killed or terribly injured whilst jay walking and therefore was attempting to save the youth from the same fate.

The video will not show any repeat behaviour or even what happened a day or even an hour before the event.

It will not show any previous criminal, anti social or provocative behaviour.

It is very dangerous to make judgements solely on the video.

Are serious?

What on Earth could have happened an hour or a full day before that would warrant shooting him dead? :huh:

Again I repeat you have not seen what happened before the video recording but believe what is being said by a woman screaming obscenities.

The "kid" she refers to is as tall as the officers and I would judge to be in his late teens or early twenties.

The police represent authority and it is not their role to back down when someone refuses to comply with their lawful instructions.

He will have been arrested for resisting arrest I imagine which could have been avoided if he had complied with the police officers instructions.

Regarding the jay walking issue. Maybe the police officer had previously witnessed someone killed or terribly injured whilst jay walking and therefore was attempting to save the youth from the same fate.

Weak! But sort of funny. You really cant accept what actually happened can you?

Are serious?

What on Earth could have happened an hour or a full day before that would warrant shooting him dead? :huh:

I think you have got mixed up with another thread.

---------- Post added 25-09-2015 at 12:39 ----------

Weak! But sort of funny. You really cant accept what actually happened can you?

Not weak at all just unbiased and objective.

Maybe if you did not dismiss my post so quickly and thought about other possibilities than your already decided viewpoint you may see things differently.

By the way do you agree the woman screaming obscenities was inflaming the situation and should have been arrested for using obscene language in a public place.

---------- Post added 25-09-2015 at 12:39 ----------

Not weak at all just unbiased and objective.

Maybe if you did not dismiss my post so quickly and thought about other possibilities than your already decided viewpoint you may see things differently.

By the way do you agree the woman screaming obscenities was inflaming the situation and should have been arrested for using obscene language in a public place.

No not at all. She did what any right minded person would do in that situation when witnessing a brutal attack against a young lad by the police. Unfortunately all she could do was shout and swear as trying to intervene would have cost her her life. When all said and done far far too many police officers are drunk with power. Look around the world wide web, you can see 100s if not 1000s of instances where people have been murdered by trigger happy wild west style coppers on power trips.

Oh and the fact she wasnt arrested for shouting and swearing in public shows the police knew they were crossing the line.

I thought you were talking about the video that was currently being discussed, I see now that you've gone back to the OP's thread topic video.

The video doesn't need to show us what happened an hour or a day before, the police stated that the kid didn't respond to an order to move as he was about to board a bus. That's what happened before.

...and what do you mean by 'repeat behaviour' ?

I thought you were talking about the video that was currently being discussed, I see now that you've gone back to the OP's thread topic video.

The video doesn't need to show us what happened an hour or a day before, the police stated that the kid didn't respond to an order to move as he was about to board a bus. That's what happened before.

...and what do you mean by 'repeat behaviour' ?

In this instance behaviour which is repeated when it is known to be wrong.

Ever thought the youth may have been suspected of committing serious crimes.

Was there a warrant out for his arrests ?

The point is we do not know.

---------- Post added 25-09-2015 at 14:55 ----------

No not at all. She did what any right minded person would do in that situation when witnessing a brutal attack against a young lad by the police. Unfortunately all she could do was shout and swear as trying to intervene would have cost her her life. When all said and done far far too many police officers are drunk with power. Look around the world wide web, you can see 100s if not 1000s of instances where people have been murdered by trigger happy wild west style coppers on power trips.

Oh and the fact she wasnt arrested for shouting and swearing in public shows the police knew they were crossing the line.

To use your own phrase Weak.