Octogan car insurance

I'm in the process of switching my car insurance, with Octagon proving to be substantially cheaper than anyone else. I'd never heard of them before but I've read a few threads online which don't seem great. These are from 2010 though, so I was wondering if anyone on here was with them now?

never heard of them but if they are really cheap then it suggests that they have pared overheads to the bone which means it's likely that they wont have enough staff to deal with claims quickly. they may also do what they can to avoid or minimise the amount they have to pay out.

I'm in the process of switching my car insurance, with Octagon proving to be substantially cheaper than anyone else. I'd never heard of them before but I've read a few threads online which don't seem great. These are from 2010 though, so I was wondering if anyone on here was with them now?

You get what you pay for with insurance. It's okay saving money on the premiums but when you come to claim you'll regret it.

The money supermarkets of this world have made everyone shop for products like this on price which is entirely the wrong way to go about it. I'd go with a well known insurer with a high defaqto rating & good customer reviews.