Headlice in Schools

CathS

Can i ask what your kids school policy on headlice is??

My son has just had them after starting secondary 2 wks ago.

I notified school saying we had treated him but maybe to warn other parents as he wasn't the first.

Had a reply from the Head this morning saying it is their policy to deal with the individuals rather than to warn other parents. I would have thought letting everyone know they are going around school would help to solve the problem??

Also one of the girls in the same yr as my son was sent home and told not to come back til they were gone. Is that normal??

Thanks

My little girl's nursery puts a notice in the window saying that there is head lice going around and then they take it down when it's no longer an issue. I assume they rely on parents notifying them that there child has had them so they can put the notice up to warn others...fingers crossed we haven't had them yet!

At my kids primary there are regular bulletins about headlice.

A few of my other children are at secondary schools. Never seen a bulletin from any of them.

Word of advice though - don't use the chemical toxit treatments. There are really good neem-based shampoos available now that are very effective.