Eating out at the red deer

FIRETHORN1

Has anyone recently eaten lunch or an evening meal at The Red Deer on Pitt Street (or is it Pitt Lane)? - just off the top end of West Street? If so, I'd be interested in your opinions of the food. I read a review in The Star a couple of weeks ago - they were raving about the food and said it was particularly good for vegetarian choices. This interested me because my lovely sis-in-law is a vegetarian and it's usually really hard to have a decent pub meal when I'm out with her, because pubs usually aren't all that good at catering for veggies!

I haven't been to The Red Deer for many, many years, but I always remember it as a nice pub to drink in. If the food is as good as The Star said it is, I just might go there again very soon.

I eat here occasionally (once every two or three months perhaps) and I think the Star review is pretty spot on. It's not gastropub food, but it's pretty decent pub food - good quality, well prepared and cooked and reasonable prices / portions.

I like the pub, and in particular its beer selection. The sandwiches are a pretty decent lunch option and the veggie options are pretty tasty (speaking as a meat eater who often chooses the veggie option anyway).

I'm not sure that I'd go out of my way to eat there (but there's a little too much sweet potato on the menu for my liking!), but I've never been disappointed by food here and I happily eat there when it's convenient.

Menus available here:-

http://www.red-deer-sheffield.co.uk/food.htm