A thousand dead Muslim pilgrims

You know it's going to happen again. It's a regular occurrence at the Haj, just too many people in one place.

The event was never designed for the era of cheap mass travel. Perhaps the Saudis will have to consider limiting numbers, if that's even possible.

I doubt they could even if they wanted to. After all its not like its just a theme park or a holiday resort. These people are devout and would probably do almost anything to attend at least once. As the muslim religion grows i can only see the problem growing with it.

They should open more locations like Disney did. Stick one Turkey for the European Muslims, one in Algeria or Egypt for the Africans, one in Indonesia for the Far Eastern Muslims and one somewhere in America (Detroit?) for American Muslims.

No. I think it works just fine as it is.

Edited by Hots on

It's a disaster that regularly happens. How can you control crowds than number in the millions?

proper Organization,attitude ?I don't know,Ask the japanese ,I was in tokyo last year for 2 weeks staying in Shinjuku the Station there is the worlds busiest

used by an average of 4 million people per day .

I used it nearly everyday a bit daunting at first , I got the the wrong train a few times ,got lost , a bit squashed and claustrophobic during rush hr but no real problems ,people seem to try and help each other if there is.

but with statements like this expect the worst/quote

"You are not responsible for what happened", Sheikh Abdul Aziz al-Sheikh told Crown Prince Mohammed bin Nayef in a meeting in Mina on Friday, the official Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported on Saturday.

"As for the things that humans cannot control, you are not blamed for them. Fate and destiny are inevitable," the sheikh told the prince, who is also minister of interior.

Yeah. Horrific from our point of view but from a devout muslims point of view they have been called to a better place and are probably considered lucky to have passed away early.

What ever i feel about religion, all religion i cant help but admire this way of thinking.

Anyway, RIP to the ones who died.

The bereaved in mourning for those people will still have to experience the pain of grief, because its a natural human response whether you believe in an afterlife or not.