Meadowhead School

I use to go to it when it was called jordanthorpe school, boys at the top girls at the bottom school and this was in 1965-1969. I can remember us nearly blowing up the sience lab with a experiment that went badly wrong, it took out 3 of the big windows and put a hole in the floor just your everyday experiments what we use to do. I can remember a mr gibbs he was one of the metal work teaches he built a cannon out of steel complete with a firing pin and we went out on to the school yard to try it out. we loaded it with a solid ball bearing about an inch in diamenter it went straight throught the wall and in to the gym and throught the back doors we never did find where the ball bearing went after that. I wonder if it as changed since I was there i bet I wont remember what it use to look like now.

• 1 month later...

I was the first year of girls that went to the new bottom school of Jordanthorpe school, all i rememeber was playtime and we use to run upto the wire fence that divided the boy,s from the girl,s school. we used to invite the boy,s down for country dancing can u believe, and they were so eager to see us they would come every week, cannot remember if they were any good at dancing tho, but it was fun nevertheless.:hihi:

Archived