Where is the best place to take a 7 year old abroad in July time?

Exactly, it's usually the parents that want to go abroad, a child of seven isn't going to ask to go abroad.

To be fair, when I was about seven (this is quite some time ago), my parents stopped taking us to Cornwall and we started going to France.

Even now I can remember a week in Cornwall or Devon, the year before, where it rained continuously for the entire time. 5 of us (I was the eldest child) in a small caravan in the rain. We went home early after a family vote and spent the money saved on a new VHS VCR and a bunch of disney movies.

The year after we went to France for a fortnight, sunny every day, campsite had a swimming pool and play area, beech was a short drive away.

Even a child of seven could understand why abroad was better!

---------- Post added 29-09-2015 at 14:28 ----------

The OP is so broad though that there are as many answers as grains of sand on the beech at Skeggy.

Best place? Way too vague. Narrow it down with a budget, a maximum travel time, a min/max temp, language, something...