5p charge for carrier bags

kay1

seeing as were going to have to buy plastiuc bags, what happens if one bursts open on your way out of the supermarket and spills your shopping allover the pavement smashing all your fragile purchases . can you claim it back off the supermarket for selling a product not fit for purpose

Buy a strong reusable bag. They can last for years.

This has been in force in Wales for a while now. It made me change my habits when I go and always take a couple of reuseable bags to the shops. What I did find though, was takeaways were also charging 5p for the paper bags that they use. I felt that was a bit unfair.

There was an item on the news the other day claiming the majority of fresh chickens in supermarkets are contaminated with a potentially lethal food poisoning bug so should be kept away from other food when packing the shopping.

Are carrier bags for chickens going to be exempt from the charge ?

There was an item on the news the other day claiming the majority of fresh chickens in supermarkets are contaminated with a potentially lethal food poisoning bug so should be kept away from other food when packing the shopping.

Good point!

What about the little plastic bags for fruit & veg? When I do my big shop I always take 3-4 big jute bags & very rarely use the fruit & veg bags - only for things like broccoli that can fall apart & make a mess. I'm not paying 5p for a bag for a bit of broccoli that costs about 30p!

When I do a top up shop to buy a few bits I get the carriers & use them as bin liners. Time to start carrying a small plastic reusable bag & buying small bin liners, which I bet the supermarkets increase the price of...

While China and India throw up nuclear power stations ten to the dozen, we're saving the planet by charging 5p for carrier bags.:hihi:

This country is run by a bunch of clowns.

They were called the Liberal democrats. Was that the best Clegg could do? Causing friction, inconvienience, and hassle for the checkout people. Garbage.

i always reuse carriers, always have, hate being given one in the shop and have to tell them i dont want one when they prepare one for me

for my friday beer bringing home session i have a reusable stronger supermarket one and a ramones shopping bag lol

No. If you put it in a loose veg bag you will be charged for it

---------- Post added 26-09-2015 at 11:28 ----------

What about the little plastic bags for fruit & veg? When I do my big shop I always take 3-4 big jute bags & very rarely use the fruit & veg bags - only for things like broccoli that can fall apart & make a mess. I'm not paying 5p for a bag for a bit of broccoli that costs about 30p!

When I do a top up shop to buy a few bits I get the carriers & use them as bin liners. Time to start carrying a small plastic reusable bag & buying small bin liners, which I bet the supermarkets increase the price of...

If it's a genuinely loose product with no paper or plastic wrapping you will not be charged. If it's pre packed and you "double bag" it you will be charged

No. If you put it in a loose veg bag you will be charged for it

---------- Post added 26-09-2015 at 11:28 ----------

If it's a genuinely loose product with no paper or plastic wrapping you will not be charged. If it's pre packed and you "double bag" it you will be charged

So if you buy an item of clothing with no paper or plastic wrapping do you have to pay for a bag or take your own?