5p charge for carrier bags

kay1

If you so wish. Or buy one of those that folds up and is stored on your keyring. Failing that, use your hands or pockets. Or better still... don't give a damn, life is too short to get into a state over 5p.

You're the first person I've come across that can do a week or monthly grocery shop using your pockets!....Saves going on a diet I guess :suspect:

I use old carrier bags for bin bags too, but I guess the vast majority of people don't and just chuck them away.

I guess it's more about making people think rather than just trying to charge for the bags. If something is free people tend to take it so putting a small charge will make people really consider if they could just carry it in their hands or remember to take a reusable bag.

We don't chuck ours away they are just shoved down the side of the fridge, hence why we have around a thousand :hihi:

We don't chuck ours away they are just shoved down the side of the fridge, hence why we have around a thousand :hihi:

Same here..

I must admit to causing a stir in Wilko though.. When asked if i wanted a bag I said I had one in doors. Think it got taken the wrong way!

that'll be fun carrying 20 reusable carrier bags around the supermarket each week.

Take heart in the fact that you're saving the planet. :hihi:

You do know that you don't have to carry each bag individually? You can put all the bags into one bad and then, hey presto, they're a lot easier to carry. :hihi:

Take heart in the fact that you're saving the planet. :hihi:

Not according to the link posted earlier...The plastic bags are far more environmentally friendly when compared to the Hessian bags, or the paper bags...Surprising but hey...I didn't do the research The government did.

Not according to the link posted earlier...The plastic bags are far more environmentally friendly when compared to the Hessian bags, or the paper bags...Surprising but hey...I didn't do the research The government did.

You should never base best practice on one piece of research, especially an unpublished piece of research.