Parking on Broken yellow lines/ wrong ticket issued

Why are there no clear way signs on the Holme Lane tram route when you say it is the regulations on side roads at Hillsborough , Langsett Road .

Answer as per usual:hihi:

Double yellow lines and clear ways are entirely different. :huh:

---------- Post added 19-08-2016 at 20:46 ----------

http://www.pepipoo.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t10941.html

Interesting pepipoo thread about double yellows.

"Because by s.64(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 traffic signs shall be of the size, colour and type prescribed by regulation, if a sign the contravention of which is an offence contrary to s.36 is not as prescribed by the regulation, no offence is committed if the sign is contravened, even if the sign is clearly recognisable to a reasonable man as a sign of that kind."

Double yellow lines and clear ways are entirely different. :huh:

---------- Post added 19-08-2016 at 20:46 ----------

http://www.pepipoo.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t10941.html

Interesting pepipoo thread about double yellows.

"Because by s.64(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 traffic signs shall be of the size, colour and type prescribed by regulation, if a sign the contravention of which is an offence contrary to s.36 is not as prescribed by the regulation, no offence is committed if the sign is contravened, even if the sign is clearly recognisable to a reasonable man as a sign of that kind."

I know they are different I also know that Planner can not answer my question .

Been proved in court that the yellow lines and associated signs have to be set up in a very precise way to be legal and Nick Freeman aka Mr Loophole would be able to tie the prosecution in in knots in the vast majority of cases.

I'd probably just pay up and avoid all the bother of contesting it though. :)

Parking penalties don't normally come to court. The appeals are dealt with by the traffic penalty tribunal where they are heard by independant adjudicators ( who are barristers).

Parking adjudicators have consistently ruled that yellow lines do not have to be continuous and they can be faded and still be enforceable. They take the view that if a reasonable person can see that a restriction is in place, it is enforceable.

Parking fines very rarely get to court as the costs involved are extremely high. If you saw the ParkingMad programmes on TV, there was a guy who insisted a restriction wasn't enforceable because there was a gap in the line and went to the high court to appeal the penalty and lost. He had to sell his house to pay the costs.

I went down yesterday there was a taxi parked on the island outside lighting shop. And a car on pavement outside wilko-s. Nobody bothered. :hihi::hihi:

How do you know that no one was bothered and why do you find it so amusing ?

Are you incapable of understanding something paraphrased?

with large sections incomplete

Do you not think that incomplete lines could be described as broken lines?

Did you just make yourself look stupid by trying to score a cheap point. (That's rhetorical).

I was wondering that, as someone working for the Parking service can hardly be classed as reasonable, as their main reason to exist is to bring in as much cash as possible through fines...

Do you "exist" because of your day job?