Uncensored art censored - have the terrorists won?

Who won the war on terror  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who won the war on terror

• Us
    • Them
    • Sylvanian ISIL

An exhibit in an exhibition of uncensored art has been removed because the police asked for it to be taken down or they wanted £36k for security.

It showed cuddly Sylvanian family hedgehogs, mice, rabbits etc all having a lovely time on picnics, at the beach, in school, etc with black clad IS Sylvanian Family fighters hovering around in the background with AK47's and knives.

Apparently the police said that the ISIL Sylvanian Family art might cause an attack on the Queen.

If dressed up cuddly rabbits and otters are a threat to national security it looks like the terrorists have won because we just gave in.

So now what?

---------- Post added 26-09-2015 at 11:52 ----------

Link to the Passion For Freedom exhibition

http://www.passionforfreedom.co.uk/vii-festival-2015/

One of terror inducing artworks

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03219/Sylvania-isis-take_3219719b.jpg

Sounds fair enough to me , they should pay the £36,000 policing . Also those organising marches in city centres should pay for policing . Football teams have to pay for policing when they have home football games so why shouldn't others who organise public events .

Sounds fair enough to me , they should pay the £36,000 policing . Also those organising marches in city centres should pay for policing . Football teams have to pay for policing when they have home football games so why shouldn't others who organise public events .

There's a big difference between public events organised for profit and people exercising their right to protest.

---------- Post added 26-09-2015 at 14:39 ----------

No appeasement, ever. There's only one way to fight terrorism and that is by utterly destroying them.

Oh really, when has that worked in the past?

Don't get me wrong I agree with you about free speech, but the sentiment afterwards is stupid.

Edited by flamingjimmy

Sounds fair enough to me , they should pay the £36,000 policing

An art exhibition about freedom of expression that includes a Sylvanian Families ISIL threat doesn't need any policing that I can think of.

What exactly would the badgers and bears be frightened of?

---------- Post added 26-09-2015 at 15:45 ----------

Ridiculous response from the police.

We should be able to mock the stone age death cultists without fear that our own police deny us the right.

I couldn't have put it better.

An art exhibition about freedom of expression that includes a Sylvanian Families ISIL threat doesn't need any policing that I can think of.

---------- Post added 26-09-2015 at 15:45 ----------

The Police will have done a risk assessment and based their £36,000 fee on those findings which equates to £6,000 per day . There was an anti Islam exhibition in Texas earlier this year which was attacked and most likely influenced the UK Police .

To be honest the exhibition sounds a load a crap just like I thought Tracey Emin's unmade bed was and I am not keen on tax payers money been used for policing if some Muslim nutters took offence . I am all in favour of free speech, but think the Police have enough on their plate regarding Muslim issues without people delibrately provocking nutters.