Bolsover the most miserable place in the UK

The residents of Bolsover obviously prefer to vote for a party that campaigned for, and implemented the National Minimum Wage, rather than the party that campaigns against restrictions to bankers bonuses.

Maybe if Bolsover was home to lots of bankers they'd elect a Tory, or if perhaps the Tory government did one single thing to help the quality of life of Bolsover residents they then might stand a chance of having an MP.

As it is the Tories couldn't give a flying about the residents of Bolsover and it is only through the hard work of their elected representative that their situation isn't worse than it already is.

And, here's the good bit, labour high command don't give a toss about them or the residents of countless other places that are old labour through and through. Tony Blair didn't need to do anything for the good people of bolsover - they vote labour anyway. You want action in your constituency, be a marginal one. I'd argue chesterfield has improved more than Rotherham in the past 20 years because they don't stick with one party.

And, here's the good bit, labour high command don't give a toss about them or the residents of countless other places that are old labour through and through. Tony Blair didn't need to do anything for the good people of bolsover - they vote labour anyway. You want action in your constituency, be a marginal one. I'd argue chesterfield has improved more than Rotherham in the past 20 years because they don't stick with one party.

That's because he wasn't Labour, he was "Nu Labour"

There's truth in your argument about Chesterfield.

I used to live in a town where the local elections were always very tight - thus meaning that the representatives of whatever colour of politics were kept on their collective toes. They therefore had to pull their finger out and get things done if they wanted to keep their seat warm.

Chesterfield is back to being a safe Labour seat, thanks to the collapse of the Lib Dems. :(

The Lib Dems have many faults, but they have served to keep the Tories and Labour on their toes.

No, that's North East derbyshire. Natascha engel. Would rather have skinner to be honest.

Also worth noting that although North East Derbyshire has been Labour since 1935, Natascha Engel's majority has been cut to a measly 1883 votes. With the Labour party currently in dissaray it would seem a strong possibility that people in Clay Cross could wake up one day in 2020 to find themselves with a Tory MP.

The residents of Bolsover obviously prefer to vote for a party that campaigned for, and implemented the National Minimum Wage, rather than the party that campaigns against restrictions to bankers bonuses.

Maybe if Bolsover was home to lots of bankers they'd elect a Tory, or if perhaps the Tory government did one single thing to help the quality of life of Bolsover residents they then might stand a chance of having an MP.

As it is the Tories couldn't give a flying about the residents of Bolsover and it is only through the hard work of their elected representative that their situation isn't worse than it already is.

The residents of Bolsover vote for whatever has a red rosette stuck on it. They don't care about the NMW much nor anything else just as long as they dont have to update their world view. The miners strike never really ended there you see.

The Conservatives don't care because the last time they seriously campaigned there the candidate was assualted for the crime of wearing a blue rosette.

Bolsover is a hole of immense proportions which is why I left there as soon as I possibly could. Self acheivement? Self improvement. Not allowed. Bow to the feet of the almighty Lord Protector Scargill etc...

It'd be immensly improved by a small nuclear device IMO.