Bailiff question

The debt is in the name of a person, and the credit reference agency files are in the names of individuals - the file of the individual will contain current, last known and/or previous addresses.

If the previous occupier has not notified anyone they owe money to that they have moved (including any bank current account), the credit reference agency will have no ability to update address details for that individual

One precaution if you receive correspondence addressed to a previous occupier is to write to the main credit reference agencies to advise them that they have moved out

The debt is in the name of a person, and the credit reference agency files are in the names of individuals - the file of the individual will contain current, last known and/or previous addresses.

If the previous occupier has not notified anyone they owe money to that they have moved (including any bank current account), the credit reference agency will have no ability to update address details for that individual

One precaution if you receive correspondence addressed to a previous occupier is to write to the main credit reference agencies to advise them that they have moved out

Which ones, and who?

As it happens, I don't know if they ever lived here. I bought the house off someone with a different name and as far as I know (IIRC), they owned it for quite a few years, and I've been here 2.

hows that work with credit reference agencies then :loopy:

Try using common sense.

Debts are individual. Not linked to address.

---------- Post added 08-10-2015 at 12:22 ----------

I'm glad your recent constant trolling the whole forum with nonsense has found this thread Sir.

I'm sure you live in a bubble ;)

There is a real world out there, where things actually happen TJC.

Say I ignored this letter, and came home to a house broken into and my stuff gone, can you tell me what I should do with this phrase, should I walk outside the front door and shout 'Debts and credit are no longer attributed to addresses!!'?

As it happens, if you read again, it was my address, not my name. I emailed them, and got a response. I also think their seeing my CCTV all around the outside of my house put them off. It's shows they aren't legal. If they had authority, they would just continue regardless.

Exactly.

youre not sharpest tool in box are you?

Youve said its scam, Well if thats the case and someone breaks in, call the police.

If it is a real debt someone owes legitmately baillifs cant and wont 'break in' and take your stuff. Baliffs dont have that power.

other peoples debts are not linked to your address so it wont effect your credit either. What youre looking at is an automated letter.

Also if the letters not in your name you shouldnt open it In the first place as thats an offense. So you shouldnt be dealing with it full stop. What you should have done is return to sender.

The only time locks will be changed and bailiffs enter property is a repossesion order. e.g. behind on rent, not paid mortgage.

Also if the letters not in your name you shouldnt open it In the first place as thats an offense..

The law is:

A person commits an offence if intending to act to a person’s detriment and without reasonable excuse, he opens a postal packet which he knows or reasonably suspects has been incorrectly delivered to him

I've highlighted the bit which shows the justification.

In my example when the former tenant of my place was using his old address to tax and insure his car the police said I did the right thing to open the mail and notify the DVLA and them because I was highlighting a fraud.

I'm glad your recent constant trolling the whole forum with nonsense has found this thread Sir.

I'm sure you live in a bubble ;)

There is a real world out there, where things actually happen TJC.

Say I ignored this letter, and came home to a house broken into and my stuff gone, can you tell me what I should do with this phrase, should I walk outside the front door and shout 'Debts and credit are no longer attributed to addresses!!'?

As it happens, if you read again, it was my address, not my name. I emailed them, and got a response. I also think their seeing my CCTV all around the outside of my house put them off. It's shows they aren't legal. If they had authority, they would just continue regardless.

Exactly.

well said sir, old TJC was on another thread spouting about how well off and successful he was, then another where he couldnt get someone to pay him a debt....some people live in a walter mitty world:hihi::hihi:

he disappeared for a bit with his tail between his legs but now hes back

well said sir, old TJC was on another thread spouting about how well off and successful he was, then another where he couldnt get someone to pay him a debt....some people live in a walter mitty world:hihi::hihi:

he disappeared for a bit with his tail between his legs but now hes back

I am comfortably off thanks :hihi: but that's nothing to do with you.

look I've already complained about the trolling of posts like you did the other day, so keep going - will report.:D

---------- Post added 08-10-2015 at 14:37 ----------

He's right though that bailiffs can't just break in, and they definitely can't take things that they don't know belong to the person who owes the debt.

its obvious by now, some people just dont want to take factual advice. They would rather go round in circles doing the wrong things and moaning on SF that things arent going right for them. You can but try.

He's right though that bailiffs can't just break in, and they definitely can't take things that they don't know belong to the person who owes the debt.

that is the case, bailiffs or high court officers can only break into commercial premises, private premises are off limits unless invited or a door or window is open and they make peaceful entry.

if your home is a Ltd co reg address thats when it greys:suspect: if in doubt have a reg address at accountants.