Some people over react

So a university bans freshers from wearing a Sombrero as they see it as racist

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3251316/University-BANS-sombreros-branded-racist-officials.html

Yet even the Mexican association praises this restaurant for promoting Mexican cuisine and doesnt see it as a problem.

Why do some groups take political correctness to the Nth degree?

I am sure some people over react to things like this as some kind of conscience shield. Perhaps they are a bit racist deep down and know they are so they over compensate publically to try to hide it? A bit like some people go 'gay bashing' when they start fancying their best mate.

So a university bans freshers from wearing a Sombrero as they see it as racist

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3251316/University-BANS-sombreros-branded-racist-officials.html

Yet even the Mexican association praises this restaurant for promoting Mexican cuisine and doesnt see it as a problem.

Why do some groups take political correctness to the Nth degree?

They are so unhappy with the lives so want to make us all a little more unhappy so they feel a little bit better?

More DM mistruths again. They lead with the headline "UNIVERSITY BANS..."

Yet read on and its the students union.

Your right it is very misleading. But I sure the Students Union did ban them. It seems they didn't consult with any groups that may have been offended just went on a blanket ban.

Your right it is very misleading. But I sure the Students Union did ban them. It seems they didn't consult with any groups that may have been offended just went on a blanket ban.

Student unions are miniature political cocktails under pressure. If you want to make a name for yourself in the presidential elections you do stuff like this. Don't attach any value to it.

Student unions love to ban things, it's absurd. University is pretty much the one place where absolute freedom of expression should be allowed.