The Wicker/spitall hill

Onthetyne

I have had to travel through and work around this area on more than a few occasions and although it may feel daunting to some, I can say that I have never really had any issues.

I stick by the general ruling that in the majority of the time the crime in this area is targeted due to the issues that the area is known to have and should you not be associated with the said problems then you shouldn't really have any reason to worry about it. As with anywhere in Sheffield you do have the risk of being the target of whatever crime however I don't consider the risks in this particular area to be any different from Darnall, Arbourthorne, Manor or Parsons Cross.

Do you feel unsafe in areas full of young professionals?

You think the Wicker is full of young professionals? LOL. Seriously, the Wicker isn't anywhere near as intimidating to the same extent as some parts of Page Hall, Shiregreen, Firth Park and Parsons Cross

You think the Wicker is full of young professionals? LOL. Seriously, the Wicker isn't anywhere near as intimidating to the same extent as some parts of Page Hall, Shiregreen, Firth Park and Parsons Cross

I think he means do i feel unsafe in areas where the up and coming live!

Hate the Wicker area, I park close by due to work and it's like another bloody country most the time. Gangs of asian men hanging on the corner of the Wicker/Stanley Street, outside take-aways, the pool hall etc...

You also get the drunks stood outside the Big Gun too. Such a lovely area for those travelling into the city to be greeted with, NOT.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure most are innocent and law abiding people, but the feeling/image they give off is the total opposite.