Running Red light

Timeh

Boy this is going to be fun for some of you lol

Anyway i think i just run a red light (upperhanover street)

as an Ambulance was trying to get through. I was waiting at the lights (on red) and was first in the line I only think i may have been caught out by the camera as there was a car less than 2" from my bumper practically forcing me forward. If i get the letter and cop the points ill go to court and appeal obviously but my question is, Say i was flashed, whats the chances of appealing actually working and getting no action taken against me?

Anyone had experience of this type of thing?

Oh and before anyone comes along with the hollier than though attitude (you know the kind) just think on, the ambulance could have been racing to someone you know.

Edited by Timeh

Lets hope the car stuck to my back bumper covered my plate up then.

Saying that even if i was flashed id be happy to go to court and appeal. Anyone who would enforce the points and fine for something like that would certainly be told next time i have an emergency vehicle behind me it would be handbrake on, engine off and they can wait until its green, my only hope being it was them that the emergency services was trying to attend to.

That would be almost worth the points

Having attended a driving course to my shame for speeding a few months back, this actually came up and the instructor said there is no exemption for moving through a red light to get out of the way of an emergency vehicle. However, if you don't get out of the way you can be prosecuted for blocking an emergency vehicle...seems a highly unfair catch-22 to me. He did say that the 'vast' majority of judges in court would let you off if you could prove there was an emergency vehicle behind you.

Having attended a driving course to my shame for speeding a few months back, this actually came up and the instructor said there is no exemption for moving through a red light to get out of the way of an emergency vehicle. However, if you don't get out of the way you can be prosecuted for blocking an emergency vehicle...seems a highly unfair catch-22 to me. He did say that the 'vast' majority of judges in court would let you off if you could prove there was an emergency vehicle behind you.

Yeah i can prove it. It was caught on the rear camera as was the hottie in the car behind me. She beeped her horn then waved at me, i think she may have wanted my number lol

Being serious again for a bit though yep, it was all caught.

---------- Post added 29-09-2015 at 17:09 ----------

How do you prove there was an emergency vehicle there.

Very easily.

Boy this is going to be fun for some of you lol

Anyway i think i just run a red light (upperhanover street)

as an Ambulance was trying to get through. I was waiting at the lights (on red) and was first in the line I only think i may have been caught out by the camera as there was a car less than 2" from my bumper practically forcing me forward. If i get the letter and cop the points ill go to court and appeal obviously but my question is, Say i was flashed, whats the chances of appealing actually working and getting no action taken against me?

Anyone had experience of this type of thing?

Oh and before anyone comes along with the hollier than though attitude (you know the kind) just think on, the ambulance could have been racing to someone you know.

Unless a police constable directed you to proceed through the red light, you have no excuse I'm afraid.

Blue lights and sirens don't mean you should proceed through a red.

That's the legal situation, what you should have done, is down to you and your conscience.