Running Red light

Timeh

Thanks for the info

My conscience is clear. Im content i did the right thing so if i do get a letter ill be eager to put my side across. Any right minded human being will waive any points or fine,

You did do the right thing. Make sure you keep the video evidence in case it goes to court, and, if you lose the case, make sure you keep the video so you can post it on youtube and show everyone that due to an incorrect law, you were punished for helping an ambulance do it's job.

---------- Post added 29-09-2015 at 22:08 ----------

Wow, this thread is an eye opener. I certainly won't be going through red to make way for emergency vehicles again.

And here we see the consequences of these stupid little laws.

I decided that I certainly would not go through red lights for emergency vehicles or go in to bus lanes.I have read lots of stories of councils refusing to cancel fines for vehicles going in to bus lanes to get out of the way of emergency vehicles.I had the same thing with an ambulance exactly where Timeh was and I stood my ground and would not move.He was blowing his horn and gesticulating but I was not going to pick up a fine and licence points to get out of his way.

It sounds harsh but i wouldnt risk it next time even if nothing comes of this. Id hate myself for it but i have to be practical. I need a clean license.

Its a ridiculous situation and as somebody else said you can then be prosecuted for not getting out of their way.Its a lose ,lose situation.

You did do the right thing. Make sure you keep the video evidence in case it goes to court, and, if you lose the case, make sure you keep the video so you can post it on youtube and show everyone that due to an incorrect law, you were punished for helping an ambulance do it's job

Thanks for that and yeah, its so incorrect its just plain messed up.

Ive reviewed the footage again and to my surprise i initially crossed the white line on green but a car in front stopped dead so i stopped, it turned amber then red to im wondering if, should it come to anything i can get off on a technicality with me crossing the line on green.

---------- Post added 29-09-2015 at 22:19 ----------

Its a ridiculous situation and as somebody else said you can then be prosecuted for not getting out of their way.Its a lose ,lose situation.

Its like its done deliberately. I mean what a conflicting pair of laws. I think if it was an oversight it had been fixed by now, as it is its a revenue stream.

I have actually picked up a habit now of stopping short enough at traffic lights so that I still have room to pull over without going through a red light even if somebody is close behind me.

Every time i try to pull up short some biker rides up and steals it

Or on one occasion an Iceland van :hihi: