Running Red light

Timeh

You can't know the status of a patient, you can only not endanger anyone else that you are actually aware of.

There is no catch-22, it's quite clear, move out of the way if you can do so safely and without breaking the law (ie without passing a red light). If you cannot do so safely or without breaking the law, don't move. The traffic lights will change soon enough, at which point you can move.

---------- Post added 30-09-2015 at 11:56 ----------

One thing im banking on saving any points is the fact i initially crossed the white line on Green.

If that's correct then the red light camera won't have even triggered.

You can't know the status of a patient, you can only not endanger anyone else that you are actually aware of.

There is no catch-22, it's quite clear, move out of the way if you can do so safely and without breaking the law (ie without passing a red light). If you cannot do so safely or without breaking the law, don't move. The traffic lights will change soon enough, at which point you can move.

---------- Post added 30-09-2015 at 11:56 ----------

If that's correct then the red light camera won't have even triggered.

You try doing that when you've got a very irate copper behind you on a blue light frantically trying to get you to move out of the way!...I know, I've had it happen to me!

You try doing that when you've got a very irate copper behind you on a blue light frantically trying to get you to move out of the way!...I know, I've had it happen to me!

In that case wouldn't you be passing the red light under the instruction of the Police which, according to comments earlier in the thread, you are allowed to do.

Even though i ended up getting stranded just after the first set of lights but before the pedestrian crossing?

I think it's the act of crossing that triggers it. If you are already across it shouldn't trigger.

Also I think it takes two photos, to show that you crossed on red and were not already across.

I decided that I certainly would not go through red lights for emergency vehicles or go in to bus lanes.I have read lots of stories of councils refusing to cancel fines for vehicles going in to bus lanes to get out of the way of emergency vehicles.I had the same thing with an ambulance exactly where Timeh was and I stood my ground and would not move.He was blowing his horn and gesticulating but I was not going to pick up a fine and licence points to get out of his way.

Are you for real? 3 points is not worth more than someone's life! I'd take my chance with a judge rather than block an ambulance.

Unless a police constable directed you to proceed through the red light, you have no excuse I'm afraid.

Blue lights and sirens don't mean you should proceed through a red.

That's the legal situation, what you should have done, is down to you and your conscience.

This happened to my husband, he was waved through a red light. Only when the copper realised he had waved him through a red light he gave him a ticket for going through a red (presumably the copper thought he wasn't allowed to wave him through a red!?). My husband appealed and won though.