Running Red light

Timeh

I think it's the act of crossing that triggers it. If you are already across it shouldn't trigger.

Also I think it takes two photos, to show that you crossed on red and were not already across.

Thanks for that, I know we dont really see eye to eye much on the forum but i do appreciate the posts youve made, youve helped ease a few worries and im grateful for that.

---------- Post added 30-09-2015 at 19:30 ----------

If you do get a notice - do not pay it and appeal it - take it to court.

It is not in the public interest to prosecute you for this offence.

I do hope youre right. Thankfully from what information ive been given on here i could be ok. Obviously the next couple of weeks will be a little tense but should i get something ive got the footage which shows everything so id he eager to have a day in court.

Well not eager but keen to show i did the right thing at least.

---------- Post added 30-09-2015 at 19:32 ----------

This happened to my husband, he was waved through a red light. Only when the copper realised he had waved him through a red light he gave him a ticket for going through a red (presumably the copper thought he wasn't allowed to wave him through a red!?). My husband appealed and won though.

A policeman waved him through then ticketed him for it?

Jeez, that would be quite a funny skit on a tea time comedy show but seriously, to happen for real is disgraceful. Glad he won the appeal though but still, what a cheek of that copper.

Thanks for that, I know we dont really see eye to eye much on the forum but i do appreciate the posts youve made, youve helped ease a few worries and im grateful for that.

---------- Post added 30-09-2015 at 19:30 ----------

I do hope youre right. Thankfully from what information ive been given on here i could be ok. Obviously the next couple of weeks will be a little tense but should i get something ive got the footage which shows everything so id he eager to have a day in court.

Well not eager but keen to show i did the right thing at least.

---------- Post added 30-09-2015 at 19:32 ----------

A policeman waved him through then ticketed him for it?

Jeez, that would be quite a funny skit on a tea time comedy show but seriously, to happen for real is disgraceful. Glad he won the appeal though but still, what a cheek of that copper.

The copper waving him through and then giving him a ticket reminds me of the classic Hancocks Half Hour episode The Lawyer where he parks is car outside the police station and is given a ticket for having an expired licence then for parking on a yellow line, the policemen then tells him to move it and then gives him a ticket for driving a car without a licence.