Bath your own dog service - would you use it?

H_Hounds

I think it's a really good idea. Lots of people don't like leaving their dogs with groomers but aren't able to bath them in their own home (If the dog is too heavy to lift into the bath for instance) This is the best of both worlds. The dog is able to have a proper bath but doesn't have to be separated from its owner.

It's not something I'd personally use (as you know, Roxy doesn't mind being left in your capable hands!) but I do think many would find it really useful. Price wise, I'd expect to pay around £15-£20.

Really!!!! to bath your own dog!

I love the idea and wish you luck.. I would personally rather bath both my dogs myself and have the hassle of cleaning up afterwards than pay anywhere near £15-£20! I'd expect to pay that for someone else to do the work..

I think if you get the price right you could make it work :thumbsup:

There used to be a dog wash at the car wash near the crem. This was more like a small container / shower cubicle you put your dog in and showered them.

You would need to make sure people understood they had specific booking slots otherwise it could end up being double booked.

We bath our dogs outside in a bath sized tub AKA builders mixing tub for plaster. If they need a bath when the weather is cold we would prefer to let a groomer do it.

We find when feeding raw a dog smells much less 'doggy' so doesn't need a bath as often. We only usually bath if the dog smells too 'doggy' or when we need professional help keeping the coat in good condition with heavy moulting.

It might be a service useful for some owners with specific breeds of dog. I'm sure you will have a good idea which need more regular bathing and grooming.

Would you be responsible for cleaning the area after each use? Just wondering about the infestation risk because if you get a dog in the salon with fleas you know about it and can disinfect straight away to prevent transmission to other dogs but if you are not supervising the bathing area then you might not know that a dog is infected.

Yes we would clean up between dogs if we were to go ahead as we would use a hydrobath so we'd need to set this up for people and clean it between each use. The area would also be separate from the grooming salon nut I'm still in two minds about it and the opinions on here are very divided :) I need to do more research I think.

Don't be put off - it's an innovative idea. Sometimes people are not very forward thinking. You never know with services that are completely different - this one may just take off. A friend who owns Labradors likes to have them bathed, particularly when moulting. If she was closer she might use this service. As it is she gets Dial A Dog Wash who come to the house. As someone said earlier, it's about convenience. I would imagine that clientele for this would mainly come from the surrounding areas, within a five mile radius and maybe Worksop. Maybe it would be best to ask folk in those villages.