Russia now bombing Syria

I don't think it does, the people will probably rally around him since they have suffered some Islamic terrorism in the past.

strange isn't it that the usa has been bombing isis for years with little results whilst Russia has decimated their ranks, obviously no us airliners have been targeted since isis is the usa's proxy army in Syria.

I was asking AmGnut to explain their point as only they know what they meant. At the moment its a nonsense.

How do you know the USA has had little results.

How do you know Russia has decimated their ranks.

How do you know no IS planes have been targeted?

This idea that ISIS is really the USA us just one of the most stupid things ever posted on this forum, well done.

Your post is even more stupid than Gnuts.

I don't really care if you think my post is stupid :)

you obviously haven't been paying much attention to the situation in Syria so I'm not going to spend hours posting links to the relevant information.

So basically you cant back up anything you say or are too lazy.

How would it reflect badly on Putin? Care to explain?

Because the fear of many Russians was that Putins decision to bomb Syria would bring terrorism to their door..........if it is proved that it was a bomb,and that the reason for the bomb was Russians involvement in Syria,Putin would automatically lose face because it was his decision,hence the scrambling to blame others to lessen the blame on Putin for going into Syria.

Because the fear of many Russians was that Putins decision to bomb Syria would bring terrorism to their door..........if it is proved that it was a bomb,and that the reason for the bomb was Russians involvement in Syria,Putin would automatically lose face because it was his decision,hence the scrambling to blame others to lessen the blame on Putin for going into Syria.

Ahh that makes your original post make much more sense.

Having gotten involved now, then I cant see how he can back down without loss of even more face. We might see a stepping up of military involvement, fire with fire etc. I wonder if they will get dragged into soemthing they realise isnt as simple to extricate themselves from? Ive seen a lot of comments on forums about the weak west and how Putin is showing how it should be done.

The west is bothered much less about ISIS than it is about public opinion, hence them not getting involved much in Syria. A US or UK airliner downed would be on the news for years. Cameron has played it right imo by erring on the side of caution.

Maybe ISIS will change their straegy and prioritise soft targets.

I note the Russians have followed Britain's lead in suspending flights to Egypt. But I would imagine Russia will have rather more success in bombing ISIS in Syria than the Americans. There is a very simple reason for that, and it is lack of accountability. The Russians don't have a camera crew following every air strike. They probably don't give a fig about any colateral damage. They will just blast the crap out of anything they see on the ground. I think the UK planes return 4 times out of 5 with bombs on board because there were civilians in the area they were sent to bomb. I doubt the Russians will be landing with munitions on board after a sortie.

Ahh that makes your original post make much more sense.

Having gotten involved now, then I cant see how he can back down without loss of even more face. We might see a stepping up of military involvement, fire with fire etc. I wonder if they will get dragged into soemthing they realise isnt as simple to extricate themselves from? Ive seen a lot of comments on forums about the weak west and how Putin is showing how it should be done.

The west is bothered much less about ISIS than it is about public opinion, hence them not getting involved much in Syria. A US or UK airliner downed would be on the news for years. Cameron has played it right imo by erring on the side of caution.

Maybe ISIS will change their straegy and prioritise soft targets.

Yep,Russia have now suspended flights to Sharm.

A lot is riding on the final declaration of how this plane was brought down,and what the intelligence services of different countries can find out if it was a bomb.

One kind of hopes that it was a malfunction,because if it was a bomb,this will have far reaching consequences for Egyot and their tourism,other places and theirs,and Putin could really ramp up Russian action if he decides to go it alone like has has done instead of working with the others,and who knows where that could take us,if he decides that revenge is necessary.

Edited by chalga

Yep,Russia have now suspended flights to Sharm.

A lot is riding on the final declaration of how this plane was brought down,and what the intelligence services of different countries can find out if it was a bomb.

One kind of hopes that it was a malfunction,because if it was a bomb,this will have far reaching consequences for Egyot and their tourism,other places and theirs,and Putin could really ramp up Russian action if he decides to go it alone like has has done instead of working with the others,and who knows where that could take us,if he decides that revenge is necessary.

Not as much as the implication of it being a missile. If they can't guarantee the air space there is no scope for airtravel to the region.

Not as much as the implication of it being a missile. If they can't guarantee the air space there is no scope for airtravel to the region.

Well,I think they discounted a missile.The Americans have said that their satellite picked up a heat flash at the time of the plane going down,but it didn't detect a heat flash moments before as if a missile had been launched.

EDIT:

French experts have ruled out any malfunction on the plane being responsible,so the cold hard truth is now staring at us.

Edited by chalga

Well,I think they discounted a missile.The Americans have said that their satellite picked up a heat flash at the time of the plane going down,but it didn't detect a heat flash moments before as if a missile had been launched.

EDIT:

French experts have ruled out any malfunction on the plane being responsible,so the cold hard truth is now staring at us.

A bomb would seem the most likely, and not unexpected by all accounts. Russia isn't too worried by the PR aspect of conflict. They have really waded into Syria and are blasting ISIS off the map there.

The problem is ISIS are clearing off looking for targets that don't hit back so hard. It will probably increase the problems in Iraq and all surrounding countries. It will also bring forward terrorist attacks anywhere that ISIS is capable just to demonstrate they still can.