Protesting outside conferences

70,000 people protesting, and only 4 arrests, that is much better than most football matches.

70,000??? IN YOUR DREAMS :loopy::loopy:

---------- Post added 05-10-2015 at 18:37 ----------

But we don't have an elective dictatorship, people have the right to protest & that is right and proper.[/quote

a right to protest peacefully?? not act like animals and throw eggs and spit at people?? if it was the other way round there would be howls of protest from the left.....judging by the look of renta mob they could have all sorts of nasty festering bacteria?:gag:

I'm not disputing people having the right to protest. I just don't understand why people do. It seems the "We lost the election but we will still complain anyway." Who are they objecting to the voters that didn't vote for them?

Also what good is it going to do? Has any of these anti-government protests achieved anything?

The only way it can work is if the labour party put forward an alternative and the country votes for them.

so you won't mind the edl turning out again in rotherham

I don't object to a peaceful protest but I read that there was an egg thrown and spitting which could have escalated into something worse - if that's the way they want to be seen then even their own parties may disassociate themselves from them.

Protests do change policy. One that springs to mind is the change in the Poll tax.

If people from the EDL want to march that is their prerogative.

I agree with the point about spitting and egg throwing. Not on.

Thank you to all the replies regarding "spitting, throwing, fighting, asaulting".

To keep things accurate -

We have spitting, throwing, abusive language.

We do not have fighting or assaulting(unless throwing and assaulting is two for the price of one with regard to a hit re:egg throwing).

I guess some people get carried away when the literary juices get going.

I'm sure some will get the wrong end of the stick with this post so for the record -

" I unreservedly condemn the conduct of the demonstrators with regard to the above actions."

IMO The media concentration and exposure of the bad behaviour of the minority has negated any good they might have done, apart from the release of venom for themselves.

But we don't have an elective dictatorship, people have the right to protest & that is right and proper.[/quote

a right to protest peacefully?? not act like animals and throw eggs and spit at people?? if it was the other way round there would be howls of protest from the left.....judging by the look of renta mob they could have all sorts of nasty festering bacteria?:gag:

Just been looking at the reporting of the protest. The Daily Mail, hardly a friend of the protestors said that up to 85,000 people marched through Manchester.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3259523/It-s-eggs-bacon-Tories-splattered-anti-cuts-march-outside-conference-protesters-mock-Cameron-pig-gate.html

Just been looking at the reporting of the protest. The Daily Mail, hardly a friend of the protestors said that up to 85,000 people marched through Manchester.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3259523/It-s-eggs-bacon-Tories-splattered-anti-cuts-march-outside-conference-protesters-mock-Cameron-pig-gate.html

I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't the Conservative's 'poll tax' moment...

just seen this piece about Jeremy Hunt and what he said couldn't agree more!

"The government is right to press ahead with cuts to tax credits - despite claims millions will be worse off - because the UK must become as hard working as China, Jeremy Hunt has said. The health secretary said the cuts - combined with a higher minimum wage - would send out the right "cultural signal" to low paid workers. And he said he did not "buy" claims people would be left out of pocket."

I looked at the Dailymail headline today - summat about death, destruction, mayhem, riot, insurection, end of civilisation, breakdown in the system*. But there's nothing unusual about that is there?

oh yeah, the subject today was . . .wait for it . . . plastic bags.

*- please allow for a bit of journalistic licence.