Suggestions for a restaurant!

batmaa

Black-a-Moor between Coal Aston and Marsh Lane.

It's not part of a big chain.

There's the usual range of steaks but what I like is the freshly cooked unusual dishes.

Four of us went out last night and is cost £59 for a starter and main course including 2 drinks each.

I just don't know why it isn't busy every night.

The worst part is the slow service even through there are few people in the dining room.

But, it's well worth it if you are out for an evening where you will have time for a good chin wag and want to enjoy the lovely food.

The food is great and there is a panoramic view of the moss valley from the dining room.

I've had one duff meal there and that was the smoked salmon and tagliatelli. Its was very bland. I suppose smoked salmon is a delicate flavour.

If the beef and goats cheese stack is on the menu try it.

If you commend freshly cooked food, its obvious you will have to wait, If you have a hundred and one meals on the menu and served in a flash its not freshly cooked! Arthur.

• 1 year later...

Whats happened to the Black-a-Moor on Snowden Lane, closed down and the windows boarded up? How long is going to be before the Gypsy's are on there when the car boot season starts up again? The Butchers around the corner in Marsh Lane seems to have closed down as well!

Archived