Cul-de-sac road closures

I live in a cul de sac and Amey are going to be closing the road for 4 weeks to resurface the pavements.

Although it says resident access will be maintained I had heard from someone that it only meant pedestrians.

So I rang the council to see what the truth was.

Apparently I have to discuss with the site manager, when he is on site, if I want to get out with my car.

Why can't they do one side of the pavement at a time and leave one side of the road open?

Anyone else had these sort of problems?

We had a similar although not identical situation.Our road was closed to traffic at both ends..during the day we asked the site manger to get someone to move the Irish fencing if we wanted to get in our out..the fencing was removed at tea time until the following morning..

I live in a cul de sac and Amey are going to be closing the road for 4 weeks to resurface the pavements.

Although it says resident access will be maintained I had heard from someone that it only meant pedestrians.

So I rang the council to see what the truth was.

Apparently I have to discuss with the site manager, when he is on site, if I want to get out with my car.

Why can't they do one side of the pavement at a time and leave one side of the road open?

Anyone else had these sort of problems?

I'm shocked by how badly these are being done. Random foot paths around the city while the roads have more pot holes than Kenyan farmers track.

I would ask the council when did they ask the residents for their views on the road closure. Its a bloody cheek they just close your road.

My problem is my father has died leaving his house empty and for insurance purposes i have to go and check it regularly.

My mother is in a home and i need to see her regularly and need to be able to get to her in an emergency.

I am disabled so need my car, besides there are no buses which would get me to my father's house. To be unable to get out to do these things for 4 weeks (weather permitting) is unacceptable but the council just tell me to talk to the site manager who will see what he can do but they won't guarantee me I will be able to get out.

Not good enough.

It's bloody annoying when the signs go up saying Road closed on xyz date, for 3 days, any parked cars will be towed

Then every couple of days a man comes round and changed the number of days the parking restrictions are in place for.

I've seen it done for weeks on end in some places, all the while sod-all work was actually being carried out.

It's bloody annoying when the signs go up saying Road closed on xyz date, for 3 days, any parked cars will be towed

Then every couple of days a man comes round and changed the number of days the parking restrictions are in place for.

I've seen it done for weeks on end in some places, all the while sod-all work was actually being carried out.

That's another thing worrying me, as the work is weather permitting and is not being started until mid October will it only take 4 weeks or will the weather close the road for weeks on end.

We've received a card today saying our roads going to be closed for two weeks later this month while the paths are resurfaced. From what i've seen and heard in our area it all seems a bit of a shambles. Very poorly organised !

Its a bloody cheek they just close your road.

Is yours a private road then?

Here's a tip. You know those vestigial appendages that evolution has provided for you to work the pedals? They can also be used as a means of locomotion in their own right.

Park a couple of minutes away from home and "walk" the rest of the way (stop me if I'm getting too technical here). Trust me, it'll come to you quite naturally.

What is it about car drivers that it's "tears before bedtime" if they can't park 2 feet away from their destination?

They'd probably prefer to crash straight into their living rooms if it weren't for the drafts this would cause in winter.

Is yours a private road then?

Here's a tip. You know those vestigial appendages that evolution has provided for you to work the pedals? They can also be used as a means of locomotion in their own right.

Park a couple of minutes away from home and "walk" the rest of the way (stop me if I'm getting too technical here). Trust me, it'll come to you quite naturally.

What is it about car drivers that it's "tears before bedtime" if they can't park 2 feet away from their destination?

They'd probably prefer to crash straight into their living rooms if it weren't for the drafts this would cause in winter.

Got to disagree here. I wouldn't let the council stop me from gaining access to the road I lived for four ****ing weeks to redo a pavement. And just to confirm, four weeks to redo a pavement of a cul-de-sac. Asking a site manager? I'd be shifting cones (to park, if I wish in my front room) and SCC and amey and a whole bunch of site managers can form an orderly queue and kiss my lazy ass.