Cul-de-sac road closures

Got to disagree here. I wouldn't let the council stop me from gaining access to the road I lived for four ****ing weeks to redo a pavement. And just to confirm, four weeks to redo a pavement of a cul-de-sac. Asking a site manager? I'd be shifting cones (to park, if I wish in my front room) and SCC and amey and a whole bunch of site managers can form an orderly queue and kiss my lazy ass.

So how are they supposed to do the work then? I agree 4 weeks is excessive but I would think you will find that is a MAXIMUM, they have to factor in awkward people leaving their cars parked inconsiderately and the weather etc.

Then you get those that whinge about the road conditions but do nothing to help. Just a thought :D

So how are they supposed to do the work then? I agree 4 weeks is excessive but I would think you will find that is a MAXIMUM, they have to factor in awkward people leaving their cars parked inconsiderately and the weather etc.

Then you get those that whinge about the road conditions but do nothing to help. Just a thought :D

They managed over the border in north east Derbyshire. They gave a week (which they missed by about two weeks) but by skilfully using our eyes and common sense the street was cleared for the couple of days it actually took to do it. Four weeks is taking the ****. But for the sake of argument make it a car free zone for four weeks (and the rest) I'll bet diamonds they'll ask for 6 weeks next time.

Is yours a private road then?

Here's a tip. You know those vestigial appendages that evolution has provided for you to work the pedals? They can also be used as a means of locomotion in their own right.

Park a couple of minutes away from home and "walk" the rest of the way (stop me if I'm getting too technical here). Trust me, it'll come to you quite naturally.

What is it about car drivers that it's "tears before bedtime" if they can't park 2 feet away from their destination?

They'd probably prefer to crash straight into their living rooms if it weren't for the drafts this would cause in winter.

For some of us, if we can't park outside our houses, we can't charge our cars as I've yet to find a charging cable that will stretch to the parking spot 2 minutes away round the corner. So, it's a bit of a pain the way that Amey are doing things. That said, it's hardly the worst of Amey's sins.

Here's a tip. You know those vestigial appendages that evolution has provided for you to work the pedals? They can also be used as a means of locomotion in their own right.

Park a couple of minutes away from home and "walk" the rest of the way (stop me if I'm getting too technical here). Trust me, it'll come to you quite naturally.

What is it about car drivers that it's "tears before bedtime" if they can't park 2 feet away from their destination?

They'd probably prefer to crash straight into their living rooms if it weren't for the drafts this would cause in winter.

Have you ever heard of disabled people who need a car to get around?

---------- Post added 04-10-2015 at 16:44 ----------

Its the pavements they are doing, not the road. Why can't they do the pavement at one side of the cul-de-sac, leaving one side of the road accessible?

Moaning about potholes and now moaning about the small inconvenience of having the road and pavements resurfaced - only for a few weeks.

How exactly can the work be done if cars are parked on said roads ? :confused:

Whatever the circumstances of the local folk the work has to be done.

---------- Post added 04-10-2015 at 16:57 ----------

I agree with you.

I sympathise with those who are disabled but I doubt the work will go on for long and I'm sure they could make alternative arrangements for a short while.

I agree with you.

I sympathise with those who are disabled but I doubt the work will go on for long and I'm sure they could make alternative arrangements for a short while.

I am hoping they will but when I spoke to the site manager he said he couldn't guarantee us getting out by car. The council we even more useless saying the road will be closed.

Its the stupidity of doing both pavements at once that is annoying me. If they use their heads and do one side at a time, like they have done on the main road, there wouldn't be a need to completely close the road for 4 weeks.

Unless they are actually working right outside your property at that very moment in time you won't have any problems.with pavement work. The roads are closed to through traffic and it will be obvious why when they start.

You will all be fine. You're worrying about nothing.