Cowboy customers

a mate of mine who has been asked to plaster a full house and take out 2 walls and fit rsj. the so called customer is buying all materials my mate just doing the labour. when I asked him whats he charging her he replied she wont pay more than £600 :loopy: . I asked him if his response to her ended in off . what do others think ?

a mate of mine who has been asked to plaster a full house and take out 2 walls and fit rsj. the so called customer is buying all materials my mate just doing the labour. when I asked him whats he charging her he replied she wont pay more than £600 :loopy: . I asked him if his response to her ended in off . what do others think ?

He must think it's reasonable or he wouldn't be taking the job on ???

What's the problem ?

Surely he supplied a quote and agreed a price?

Someone above has said 'a sign of the times' implying I think times are hard.

No, there is a boom on and a serious labour shortage. But maybe this lady? Thinks the trade is still hard up. As mentioned, she needs to be told something that ends in 'Off'.

As for Cowboy customers there are plenty of them and as customers need to be on their guard against the rogue builder us builders certainly needto be on our guard against rogue customers. But they are only human and us humans love getting something for nothing.

I personally avoid single women as customers, they are the worst. But we can always ask ourselves 'why are they still single'? People may think they are vulnerable but I find them as hard as nails.

Don't see the problem here. If the plasterer doesn't think £600 is a fair price for the work he'll be doing then he should just say no and move on. I deal with customers on a daily basis that want my advice for free because I get paid a commission from the provider I recommend, I just wish them luck finding a quality advisor that doesn't charge fees and move onto the next client.