Cowboy customers

what says it all ? is the price about right because he works on the side ? is the price about right because(the taxman wont see any of the money)? the woman has asked him for a receipt when the job is done (but for a overinflated price of £2500) god the cheek of some people eh:roll:

wow, some stories just keep on giving.

my bold=

I bet he doesn't declare it to the tax man either! I didnt realise you hung about with dodgy people, tut tut. :hihi:

Why would you declare it ?

---------- Post added 10-10-2015 at 21:57 ----------

what says it all ? is the price about right because he works on the side ? is the price about right because(the taxman wont see any of the money)? the woman has asked him for a receipt when the job is done (but for a overinflated price of £2500) god the cheek of some people eh:roll:

I cant believe he id doing this and i would have told her where to stick her job ! There id no way on this earth i would plaster for less than £100 per day in my pocket.

Edited by Starlc

Why would you declare it ?

---------- Post added 10-10-2015 at 21:57 ----------

I cant believe he id doing this and i would have told her where to stick her job ! There id no way on this earth i would plaster for less than £100 per day in my pocket.

my bold=

The same reason everyone declares what they earn...

my bold=

I bet he doesn't declare it to the tax man either! I didnt realise you hung about with dodgy people, tut tut. :hihi:

Dodgy customers as well. I am vat registered and most customers ask if there is any way to avoid paying the vat. They dont understand that vat registered people charge materials net of vat then add the vat on in the quote. If I was not vat registered then my quote will be materials inclusive of vat.

As if I am going to pay £120 inc vat and only receive £100 off the customer. The books at the end of the day have to balance and you have to declare a reasonable income compared to turnover to keep the hmrc off doing an audit.

It is quite easy to get cash and not declare it but with the modern way of paying your bills you need to put cash in the bank to pay your direct debits. If it has gone into a bank you need to have declared it. Loads of cash under the floor boards is no good to anyone. Besides not declaring gives you a low income. Try getting a mortgage or credit on £5k a year income?

This bloke is earning spending money.