Just wondering if this is a bit of a scam?

I came across this. http://http:producttesting.uk. com/

And wondered if it was a bit of a scam. Yes it would be great to be sent a new iPad to review and then keep for free...But I somehow doubt that many people if anyone would ever get such an opportunity.

I'm just wondering if it's a convenient way to harvest peoples email addresses, actual addresses and phone numbers for 'other purposes'.

On the face of it, it looks legit (as it's meant to)..and it's a UK based company...But that doesn't mean it's completely above board.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: I've broken the link deliberately, as it turns out it's a highly undesirable website.

Edited by PeteMorris
To break link

Almost certainly some kind of scam. I'm not opening the link in case it's just an attack vector for pushing viruses onto your system.

Nobody is ever going to give you a free ipad or anything else for testing purposes.

Well as far as I can tell the link is fine....here's what it says on the 'about' page.

Welcome to ProductTesting!

Producttesting.uk.com is a one of a kind product testing company featuring large branded products, mystery shopping and secret dining opportunities.

We select products to be tested every week and our product testers are selected at random. You can register for many different products ranging from Sweets and Samples to iPad's and Smartphones.

User reviews are invaluable to manufacturers and retailers to ensure the best user experience and ongoing product development.

It's completely free to sign up and if selected, all we ask for is a full written review, photos of yourself with the product and a video review. You will then have the opportunitiy to keep the product for FREE.

Please ensure that you register for each product you are interested in, in full and until you reach the Thank you page.

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us at <email addy removed>.

Give Neil Durrant a call on 02071831653 and ask him. Or go and ask him personally at his office:

SUBMISSION TECHNOLOGY LIMITED

HERITAGE HOUSE

34B NORTH CRAY ROAD

BEXLEY

KENT

DA5 3LZ

COPYRIGHT © PRODUCTTESTING.UK.COM - No such company exists.

Also:

By registering with ProductTesting.uk.com you are electing to be contacted by us via phone or email as outlined in our Privacy Policy. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by simply clicking on the unsubscribe link when you receive an email or newsletter from us.

Edited by Berberis

I've just been reading the terms and conditions...and from what I can glean...It's a sort of rewards program, where you are offered stuff to buy from a third party, and then (providing you have done it correctly, and providing the third party company pays the commission due to the promoter), it then pays some sort of 'reward' into an account you have with them.

Basically, you buy what the website tells you to buy, as and when they do (that's part of the terms)...and they make money from the transaction...

So basically yes it is a scam...But really complicated!

No Cyclone...I'm not gullible..I haven't signed up to it...Nor do I intend to!...The thread might help someone who sees it, (as I did on FB)...and actually prevent them from getting scammed....Why do you seem to think I'm an idiot?....

I've just been reading the terms and conditions...and from what I can glean...It's a sort of rewards program, where you are offered stuff to buy from a third party, and then (providing you have done it correctly, and providing the third party company pays the commission due to the promoter), it then pays some sort of 'reward' into an account you have with them.

Basically, you buy what the website tells you to buy, as and when they do (that's part of the terms)...and they make money from the transaction...

So basically yes it is a scam...But really complicated!

No Cyclone...I'm not gullible..I haven't signed up to it...Nor do I intend to!...The thread might help someone who sees it, (as I did on FB)...and actually prevent them from getting scammed....Why do you seem to think I'm an idiot?....

If you mention the site enough, this thread may come up when people Google the company name.