Toby Foster on Radio Sheffield

This morning Toby Foster described left wing protesters in Manchester as "soap dodgers".

Also said he'd never read the Guardian Newspaper. So much for the "left wing bias " at the BBC.

However to his credit he didn't use the following terms, "PC Brigade" "loony lefties" "gold plated public sector pensions" or "do gooders" So perhaps he deserves some credit.

Edited by Ridgewalk

He's hilarious, just so edgy with his satire.

do you still think that?

Our Tobias is still a windup merchant but he's certainly not as controversial as he used to be.

it seems he's been neutered by BBC management following his little twitter outburst and is now falling over himself not to upset / offend anybody.

Oh actually I quite like Toby although the constant "hilarity and joking" in his Radio Sheffield show is wearing quite thin. He does conduct some really good interviews and tries to come across as politically neutral, when he's not on his morning show and someone else presents it's not such a good listen.

However yesterday morning he was criticising anti-austerity protesters and when he used the term " soap dodgers" it wasn''t in a "jocular context", more like slipping into a prejudiced viewpoint.

The "only winding people up" excuse is a convenient get out

---------- Post added 06-10-2015 at 08:08 ----------

do you still think that?

Our Tobias is still a windup merchant but he's certainly not as controversial as he used to be.

it seems he's been neutered by BBC management following his little twitter outburst and is now falling over himself not to upset / offend anybody.

Hi Toby, I think Wonder Boy was being ironic

---------- Post added 06-10-2015 at 08:10 ----------

do you still think that?

Hi Toby, I think Wonder Boy was being ironic

---------- Post added 06-10-2015 at 08:11 ----------

wtf. Oops. Sorry about that

This morning Toby Foster described left wing protesters in Manchester as "soap dodgers".

Also said he'd never read the Guardian Newspaper. So much for the "left wing bias " at the BBC.

However to his credit he didn't use the following terms, "PC Brigade" "loony lefties" "gold plated public sector pensions" or "do gooders" So perhaps he deserves some credit.

Have you seen some of the protesters? I think its just accurately describing them to be honest.I would praise any media outlet that promotes accuracy. Many of them are work dodgers too.