Toby Foster on Radio Sheffield

My guess is ...and I may be wrong is that....wait for it... he listened to the program ...formed his opinions and then turned it off.

But that idea might be too complicated for some to understand .

Give over, that's too much like common sense. :hihi:

It gets me into work in a morning with a smile on my face, whether it's supposed to be funny or not.

As for the travel news across the whole of Radio Sheffield, am I right in saying that it comes from a central place for the whole of Yorkshire and is allegedly localised for each broadcast ?

I do recall once hearing about what was happening in Leeds on Radio Sheffield as the announcer/reporter was reading out the wrong local report.

Travel the country and most local BBC radio is the same, you'll struggle to find plum in the mouth broadcasting such as Radio 4.

As local radio goes Sheffield is one of the better ones,presenter wise that is.Toby Foster is the star without doubt,same as marmite ,like or hate.Personally I like to hear him in the mornings.No mention of Bernie Clifton,he's another good listen for a giggle.Its bbc local radio and is ok,so are most of the presenters.

Leave toby alone he's great and right

You must need a brain transplant mate. Foster needs a brain rewire. He is NOT right the man for the job. He gets my back up so much that I can't listen and have to switch off. Stick to your night job Foster you're rubbish as an interviewer. I wouldn't pay you in washers.

You must need a brain transplant mate. Foster needs a brain rewire. He is NOT right the man for the job. He gets my back up so much that I can't listen and have to switch off. Stick to your night job Foster you're rubbish as an interviewer. I wouldn't pay you in washers.

Why can't you accept that some people like to listen to Toby, by your own admission you turn off so what's the problem

Why can't you accept that some people like to listen to Toby, by your own admission you turn off so what's the problem

Oh you don't get the point do you? It's MY local radio too, I want to listen to it after all I also pay for it. Surely the powers that be could find someone that is capable AND popular with most of the listeners. When he goes I come back and I think I speak for many listeners that have stopped tuning (official figures)

Oh you don't get the point do you? It's MY local radio too, I want to listen to it after all I also pay for it. Surely the powers that be could find someone that is capable AND popular with most of the listeners. When he goes I come back and I think I speak for many listeners that have stopped tuning (official figures)

I find Toby's big FAT breakfast rather satisfying. You stick to your Radio 4 rolled oats, if you prefer.

I guess it's (non-PC high) horses for courses.