Toby Foster on Radio Sheffield

When Rony comes on I have to turn off he would send me to sleep plus that laugh of his.

---------- Post added 28-10-2015 at 11:10 ----------

Who is the clown on Radio Sheffield instead of Toby at present?

I know it is half term but we deserve better than this bloke who sounds like an inexperienced student - can't they stick him on Sheffield Live for a few years where no one can hear him and then unleash him on the people of Sheffield?

I agree I don't bother listening when Toby is on holiday.

Who is the clown on Radio Sheffield instead of Toby at present?

I know it is half term but we deserve better than this bloke who sounds like an inexperienced student - can't they stick him on Sheffield Live for a few years where no one can hear him and then unleash him on the people of Sheffield?

According to the schedule it was Andy Giddings presenting the Breakfast show today

I was listening this morning by default as the radio was tuned to Radio Sheffield from last nights football. Andy Giddings was only on today because Bob Somebody was ill. I though Andy was OK considering he was thrown in at the last minute.

Edited by SALLY18
Mistake

I was listening this morning by default as the radio was tuned to Radio Sheffield from last nights football. Andy Giddings was only on today because Bob Somebody was ill. I though Andy was OK considering he was thrown in at the last minute.

Apologies - Andy Giddings is fine, it was that Bob I couldn't stand. Apparently he's from Radio Leeds which, if you've never had the misfortune to end up in West Yorks, makes Radio Sheffield sound like a paragon of fine broadcasting... you'd never complain about Toby again if your alternative was "Liz Green Live!"

Edited by lissy8

I should say I generally enjoy Radio Sheffield. I'm glad I can still pick it up since I moved to the dark side (I absolutely hate living in Leeds and I'm looking for work back in South Yorkshire so I can move back!).

I really like Rony, Paulette I can take or leave, Howie is entertaining enough in the afternoons and the whinging callers on Football Heaven make me laugh. I've even grown to like Toby in the mornings. It's all good company, brightens my day in this depressing place and makes me feel like I'm still connected to a place where I felt a bit more at home and welcome.

Radio Leeds is relentlessly grim, alternating between being utterly depressing with crime stories and murders; and playing geriatric music and banging on about absolutely nothing - you should think yourself lucky to have a station like Radio Sheffield.

Toby was good before he got suspended he obviously been old to tone it down now what a shame.

The guy Bob ( my wife is nicola rees from look north)Walmesley is worse than bad.

Gids or Paul Walker far better.

Paulette Edwards irrespectve of race colour or creed is absolutely dire but rates as a superstar compared to the terrble vic mcglynn on Saturday mornings.

Roney Robinson should have been retired years ago

Clueless is excellent Kat is great though cant help feeling its over stage managed and they do after all have a sat nav in the van but take it for what it is an entertaimnment programme and it does the trick. If you think this is bad i listened to the radio leceister verson on catch up the other week I gave t 10 mins it was dire.

would be interesting to know how others would set the R S Schedule